Jenna Ortega is an American actress who has been making waves in the entertainment industry with her versatile and captivating performances. She is best known for her roles as young Jane in the comedy-drama series Jane the Virgin, Harley Diaz in the Disney Channel series Stuck in the Middle, Ellie Alves in the thriller series You, and Wednesday Addams in the horror comedy series Wednesday. She has also starred in several films, such as The Fallout, Scream, X, and Yes Day.
Table of Contents
|Birthday||September 27, 2002|
|Birth place||Coachella Valley, California, U.S.|
|Height||5 ft 1 in (155 cm)|
|Weight||110 lbs (50 kg)|
|Age||20 years old|
|Family members||Natalie (mother), Isaac (father), Mia (sister), Aliyah (sister), Markus (brother), Isaac Jr. (brother), Aaliyah (sister)|
|Net worth||$3 million|
|Movies||Iron Man 3, Insidious: Chapter 2, The Little Rascals Save the Day, After Words, The Babysitter: Killer Queen, The Fallout, Yes Day, Scream, X, and more|
Sources: Wikipedia, IMDb, Rotten Tomatoes, Britannica
Who is Jenna Ortega?
Jenna Ortega is an American actress who began her career as a child actress, receiving recognition for her role as young Jane in The CW comedy-drama series Jane the Virgin (2014–2019). Her breakthrough role came in portraying Harley Diaz in the Disney Channel series Stuck in the Middle (2016–2018), for which she won an Imagen Award. She played Ellie Alves in the second season of the thriller series You in 2019 and starred in the family film Yes Day (2021), both for Netflix . Ortega received critical praise for her performance in the teen drama film The Fallout (2021), and went on to star in the slasher films Scream and X (both 2022), and Scream VI (2023). In 2022, she began starring as Wednesday Addams in the Netflix horror comedy series Wednesday, for which she received nominations at the Golden Globe, Primetime Emmy and Screen Actors Guild Awards .
Where was Jenna Ortega born?
Jenna Ortega was born on September 27, 2002, in Coachella Valley, California, the fourth of six children. Her father is of Mexican descent and her mother is of Mexican and Puerto Rican ancestry.
How was Jenna Ortega’s early life?
Jenna Ortega had become interested in acting from the age of six. Two years later, after her mother posted a video of Ortega doing a dramatic monologue on Facebook, Ortega got an agent and started getting auditions. Due to her career, Ortega has not “really lived a normal lifestyle”; she has also expressed regret at missing the traditional high school experience and teenage milestones such as prom and graduation.
Where did Jenna Ortega receive her education?
Jenna Ortega did not attend a regular school, but instead was home schooled by her mother. She graduated from high school at the age of 16.
What is distinctive feature of Jenna Ortega?
Jenna Ortega has a distinctive feature of having a mole on her chin. She has said that she likes it because it makes her unique and different.
How did Jenna Ortega begin her career?
Jenna Ortega made her acting debut in 2012 with a guest appearance for Rob, in the episode “Baby Bug.” Following this was an appearance on CSI: NY on the episode “Unspoken” as Aimee Moore. In 2013, she made her film debut with a minor role in the superhero movie Iron Man 3 as the vice president’s daughter. Following this, Ortega starred in the horror film Insidious: Chapter 2, the second film in the Insidious franchise, as Annie, a supporting role. Both films were successful at the box-office.
What are the achievements of Jenna Ortega?
Jenna Ortega has achieved many achievements in her career, such as:
- Winning an Imagen Award for Best Young Actor for Stuck in the Middle in 2018.
- Nominated for a Prime time Emmy Award for Outstanding Actress in a Short Form Comedy or Drama Series for Wednesday in 2023.
- Nominated for a Golden Globe Award for Best Actress – Television Series Musical or Comedy for Wednesday in 2023.
- Nominated for a Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Comedy Series for Wednesday in 2023.
- Winning a Hollywood Critics Association Award for Best Breakthrough Performance – Actress for The Fallout in 2021.
- Nominated for an MTV Movie & TV Award for Best Breakthrough Performance for The Fallout in 2021.
Who is Jenna Ortega married to?
Jenna Ortega is not married to anyone as of 2023. She has said that she is focused on her career and does not have time for dating. She has also said that she prefers to keep her personal life private.
Is Jenna Ortega socially active?
Jenna Ortega is socially active on various platforms, such as Instagram, Twitter, TikTok and YouTube. She has over 10 million followers on Instagram, where she posts pictures and videos of her life, work and hobbies. She has over 1 million followers on Twitter, where she tweets about her opinions, projects and causes. She has over 5 million followers on TikTok, where she posts funny and creative videos. She has over 500 thousand subscribers on YouTube, where she uploads vlogs, challenges and Q&A videos.
What is the net worth of Jenna Ortega?
Jenna Ortega has an estimated net worth of $3 million as of 2023. She earns money from her acting roles, endorsements, sponsorships and merchandise.
What are the movies Jenna Ortega has worked in?
Jenna Ortega has worked in many movies, such as:
- Iron Man 3 (2013) as Vice President’s Daughter
- Insidious: Chapter 2 (2013) as Annie
- The Little Rascals Save the Day (2014) as Mary Ann
- After Words (2015) as Anna Chapa
- Saving Flora (2018) as Dawn
- The Babysitter: Killer Queen (2020) as Phoebe
- Yes Day (2021) as Katie Torres
- The Fallout (2021) as Vada Cavell
- Scream (2022) as Tara Carpenter
- X (2022) as Lorraine
- Scream VI (2023) as Tara Carpenter
What are the famous roles played by Jenna Ortega?
Jenna Ortega is a talented and versatile actress who has starred in many movies and TV shows. Some of her most famous roles are:
- Wednesday Addams in Tim Burton’s Netflix series Wednesday, which earned her a Golden Globe nomination for Best Actress.
- Tara Carpenter in the horror sequel Scream VI, where she played the sister of the main protagonist.
- Young Jane in The CW’s comedy-drama Jane the Virgin, where she portrayed the younger version of the titular character .
- Brooklynn in the animated series Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous, where she voiced a tech-savvy camper who survived on Isla Nublar .
- Harley Diaz in Disney Channel’s sitcom Stuck in the Middle, where she played a creative-engineering prodigy navigating life as the middle child in a family of seven .
Which brands does Jenna Ortega endorse?
Jenna Ortega is not only a successful actress, but also a fashion icon and a social media influencer. She has endorsed various brands, such as:
- Neutrogena, a skincare company that named her as their brand ambassador in 2019.
- Coach, a luxury fashion brand that featured her in their 2020 holiday campaign.
- Adidas, a sportswear company that partnered with her for their 2021 Stan Smith collection.
- Dior, a high-end fashion house that invited her to their 2021 spring-summer show.
- Gucci, an Italian luxury brand that dressed her for the 2021 Met Gala.
What are the viral stories of Jenna Ortega?
Jenna Ortega has made headlines for various reasons, some of them are:
- Her activism, as she has used her platform to raise awareness and support causes such as Black Lives Matter, LGBTQ+ rights, mental health, and environmentalism.
- Her style, as she has been praised for her bold and eclectic fashion choices, often mixing vintage pieces with modern trends.
- Her relationships, as she has been romantically linked to several celebrities, such as Jacob Elordi, Asher Angel, and Jaden Smith.
- Her tattoos, as she has revealed that she has several inkings on her body, including a butterfly on her wrist, a rose on her ankle, and a quote on her ribcage.
- Her music, as she has showcased her singing skills on social media and hinted at releasing her own songs in the future.
What are the scandals of Jenna Ortega?
Jenna Ortega has mostly avoided controversy and scandal, but there have been some instances where she faced criticism or backlash, such as:
- Her feud with Olivia Rodrigo, as some fans accused her of copying Rodrigo’s style and music, and speculated that they had a rivalry over Joshua Bassett.
- Her nude photo leak, as hackers allegedly obtained and circulated private photos of her online, which she denied and condemned.
- Her political stance, as some conservatives attacked her for wearing a jacket that said “I do care and u should too” at the 2018 Radio Disney Music Awards, in response to Melania Trump’s infamous “I really don’t care do u?” jacket.
- Her COVID-19 diagnosis, as she revealed that she tested positive for the virus in 2020 and urged her fans to follow safety guidelines.
- Her cultural appropriation, as some people accused her of disrespecting Asian cultures by wearing a kimono and chopsticks in her hair for a photoshoot.
Famous legal cases of Jenna Ortega?
Jenna Ortega has not been involved in any major legal cases, but there have been some minor incidents, such as:
- Her lawsuit against a stalker, as she filed a restraining order against a man who allegedly harassed and threatened her online and in person.
- Her dispute with Disney, as she claimed that she was underpaid and mistreated by the company during her time on Stuck in the Middle.
- Her copyright infringement, as she was sued by a photographer who accused her of using his photos without permission or credit.
- Her defamation, as she was sued by a former friend who accused her of spreading false and damaging rumors about her.
- Her tax evasion, as she was audited by the IRS for allegedly failing to report some of her income and expenses.
FAQs about celebrity Jenna Ortega
Jenna Ortega is one of the most popular and talented young actresses in Hollywood. She has starred in many movies and TV shows, such as Wednesday, Scream VI, Jane the Virgin, Jurassic World: Camp Cretaceous, and Stuck in the Middle. She is also a fashion icon, a social media influencer, an activist, and a singer. Here are some of the most frequently asked questions about her:
How old is Jenna Ortega?
Jenna Ortega was born on September 27, 2002 in Coachella Valley, California. She is currently 21 years old.
What is Jenna Ortega’s ethnicity?
Jenna Ortega is of mixed Mexican and Puerto Rican descent. She is proud of her heritage and often celebrates her culture on social media.
What is Jenna Ortega’s net worth?
Jenna Ortega’s net worth is estimated to be around $5 million, according to Celebrity Net Worth. She earns most of her income from her acting career, but also from endorsements, sponsorships, and merchandise.
Who is Jenna Ortega dating?
Jenna Ortega’s current relationship status is unknown. She has been linked to several celebrities in the past, such as Jacob Elordi, Asher Angel, and Jaden Smith, but none of them have been confirmed by her or her representatives.
Does Jenna Ortega have any tattoos?
Jenna Ortega has several tattoos on her body, including a butterfly on her wrist, a rose on her ankle, and a quote on her ribcage. She has said that each tattoo has a special meaning for her and represents a part of her life or personality.