Jennette McCurdy is a name that many people may recognize from her roles in popular Nickelodeon shows such as iCarly and Sam & Cat. But did you know that she is also a writer, director, podcaster, and singer? In this post, we will explore some of the facts and achievements of this talented and multifaceted celebrity.
|Jennette Michelle Faye McCurdy
|Writer, director, podcaster, former actress and singer
|June 26, 1992
|Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|5 ft 2 in (1.57 m)
|112 lb (51 kg)
|31 years old (as of 2023)
|Mark McCurdy (father), Debra McCurdy (mother), Marcus McCurdy, Scott McCurdy, Dustin McCurdy (brothers)
|$5 million (as of 2021)
|Hollywood Homicide (2003), Minor Details (2009), Fred: The Movie (2010), Best Player (2011), Snowflake, the White Gorilla (2011), Swindle (2013), Blindsided (2018), Pet Sematary (2019)
Table of Contents
Where was Jennette McCurdy born?
Jennette McCurdy was born in Long Beach, California, on June 26, 1992. She grew up in Garden Grove, California, with her parents and three older brothers.
How was Jennette McCurdy’s early life?
McCurdy’s early life was marked by both hardship and success. Her mother was diagnosed with breast cancer when she was two years old, and her family struggled financially. McCurdy’s mother also pushed her into acting at a young age, which led to McCurdy developing anxiety and obsessive-compulsive disorder.
Despite these challenges, McCurdy was a talented actress and began booking roles in television shows and commercials when she was just eight years old. She had recurring roles on shows like Zoey 101 and True Jackson, VP, before landing her breakout role as Sam Puckett on Nickelodeon’s iCarly in 2007.
Where did Jennette McCurdy receive her education?
McCurdy was homeschooled by her mother for most of her childhood. She attended Sierra View Junior High School for a brief period of time, but returned to homeschooling after being bullied.
McCurdy has said that she struggled academically during her homeschooling years. She has also said that she was not allowed to participate in extracurricular activities or socialize with other children outside of her family.
What is distinctive feature of the Jennette McCurdy?
Jennette McCurdy is known for her comedic timing and her ability to connect with audiences. She is also known for her willingness to be open and honest about her personal struggles.
In 2022, McCurdy published a memoir titled “I’m Glad My Mom Died.” In the book, McCurdy shares her experiences with childhood abuse, eating disorders, and addiction. She also writes about her time on iCarly and the pressures of growing up in the spotlight.
McCurdy’s memoir has been praised for its honesty and for its portrayal of the dark side of child stardom. It has also been credited with helping to raise awareness of the importance of mental health and self-care.
How did Jennette McCurdy begin his/her career?
McCurdy began her career as a child actress. She booked her first role in a commercial at the age of eight. She went on to have recurring roles on shows like Zoey 101 and True Jackson, VP, before landing her breakout role as Sam Puckett on Nickelodeon’s iCarly in 2007.
McCurdy played Sam Puckett for six seasons on iCarly. She also reprised the role in the spin-off series Sam & Cat in 2013.
What are the achievements of Jennette McCurdy?
Jennette McCurdy is a multi-talented artist who has achieved success in various fields, such as acting, singing, writing, directing, and podcasting. Some of her notable achievements are:
- She won four Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards for her role as Sam Puckett in the popular sitcom iCarly (2007–2012) and its spin-off Sam & Cat (2013–2014). She also received nominations for Teen Choice Awards and Young Artist Awards for her performance.
- She released two EPs and one studio album as a country pop singer-songwriter, which charted on the Billboard Top Country Albums and Top Heatseekers charts. Her single “Generation Love” peaked at number 44 on the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart.
- She wrote, directed, and produced several short films, such as Kenny (2018), 8 Bodies (2017), Strong Independent Women (2019), and I’m Glad My Mom Died (2022). Her films have been recognized by several film festivals, including the Oscar-qualifying Florida Film Festival.
- She published a memoir, I’m Glad My Mom Died, in 2022, which became a #1 New York Times bestseller and received critical acclaim for her honest and humorous account of her life as a child star and her relationship with her abusive mother.
- She launched an interview podcast, Empty Inside, in 2020, where she talks to celebrities and experts about various topics, such as mental health, eating disorders, religion, and comedy. The podcast has been praised for its candid and insightful conversations.
Who is Jennette McCurdy married to?
Jennette McCurdy is not married and is currently not in a relationship. The former actress has kept a low profile when it comes to her personal life and rarely discusses her romantic status in public. However, she has had some past romantic relationships that have been reported by the media. Some of her ex-boyfriends are:
- Graham Patrick Martin: McCurdy was allegedly dating the Two and a Half Men actor from 2004 to 2008, but the two never confirmed the rumors.
- Max Ehrich: McCurdy was romantically linked to the Young and the Restless actor in 2010, who made a brief appearance on iCarly. However, Ehrich shut down those rumors by tweeting that they were just friends.
- Andre Drummond: McCurdy dated the NBA star in 2013 after he expressed his crush on her on Twitter. The relationship did not last long and ended on bad terms. McCurdy revealed on Pete Holmes’ podcast You Made It Weird that Drummond was a “bad kisser” and that she broke up with him after one week. Drummond responded by leaking racy photos of McCurdy online, which she claimed were fake.
- Jesse Carere: McCurdy co-starred with the Canadian actor on the Netflix series Between (2015–2016) and reportedly dated him during that time. The couple was spotted together at several events and posted photos of each other on social media. However, they never officially confirmed their relationship and seemed to have parted ways by 2017.
Is Jennette McCurdy socially active?
Jennette McCurdy is socially active on various platforms, such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and TikTok. She uses these platforms to share her work, promote her projects, interact with her fans, express her opinions, and post funny videos. Some of her social media accounts are:
- Twitter: @jennettemccurdy – She has 5.4 million followers and joined in July 2008. She tweets about her podcast, book, films, comedy sketches, personal thoughts, and current issues.
- Facebook: Jennette McCurdy – She has 14 million likes and 13 million followers. She posts about her podcast, book signings, interviews, live shows, short films, and personal updates.
- Instagram: @jennettemccurdy – She has 7.5 million followers and joined in April 2012. She posts photos and videos of herself, her friends, her pets, her travels, her hobbies, and her work.
- YouTube: JennetteMcCurdyVEVO – She has 246 thousand subscribers and joined in June 2009. She uploads music videos of her songs as well as behind-the-scenes footage of her recording sessions.
- TikTok: @jennettemccurdy – She has 1.2 million followers and joined in May 2020. She uploads humorous videos of herself lip-syncing, dancing, acting, and making fun of herself.
What is the net worth of Jennette McCurdy?
Jennette McCurdy has an estimated net worth of $5 million as of 2023, according to Celebrity Net Worth. She earned most of her wealth from her acting career, especially from her role as Sam Puckett on iCarly and Sam & Cat, for which she made $50,000 per episode. She also earned money from her music career, her short films, her book, and her podcast.
What are the movies Jennette McCurdy has worked in?
Jennette McCurdy has worked in several movies, both as an actress and as a filmmaker. Some of the movies she has worked in are:
- Hollywood Homicide (2003): McCurdy played the role of Josie in this action comedy film starring Harrison Ford and Josh Hartnett as two LAPD detectives who investigate a murder in the rap music industry.
- Minor Details (2009): McCurdy played the role of Mia in this mystery comedy film about four girls who try to solve the mystery of a mysterious illness that affects their boarding school.
- Fred: The Movie (2010): McCurdy played the role of Bertha in this comedy film based on the YouTube character Fred Figglehorn, created by Lucas Cruikshank. The film follows Fred’s adventures as he tries to win the heart of his crush Judy, played by Pixie Lott.
- Best Player (2011): McCurdy played the role of Chris “Prodigy” Saunders in this Nickelodeon original movie about two online gamers who compete for a rare gaming prize. The film also starred Jerry Trainor as Quincy “Q” Johnson, McCurdy’s co-star from iCarly.
- Snowflake, the White Gorilla (2011): McCurdy voiced the character of Petunia in this animated film about a white gorilla who escapes from a zoo and goes on an adventure with a girl and a witch. The film also featured the voices of David Spade, Ariana Grande, and Nathan Kress.
- Swindle (2013): McCurdy played the role of Savannah Drysdale in this Nickelodeon original movie based on the novel by Gordon Korman. The film follows a group of kids who try to get back a valuable baseball card from a swindler. The film also starred Noah Crawford, Noah Munck, Ariana Grande, Chris O’Neal, and Ciara Bravo.
- Blindsided (2018): McCurdy played the role of Sloan Carter in this thriller film about a young woman who witnesses a murder while blindfolded and tries to escape from the killers. The film also starred Paul Sorvino, James Babson, and Jack Falahee.
- Pet Sematary (2019): McCurdy played the role of Zelda Goldman in this horror film based on the novel by Stephen King. The film follows a family who moves to a rural home near a cemetery that can resurrect the dead. The film also starred Jason Clarke, Amy Seimetz, John Lithgow, and Jeté Laurence.
What are the famous roles played by Jennette McCurdy?
Jennette McCurdy is best known for her roles in Nickelodeon’s sitcoms iCarly and Sam & Cat, where she played the feisty and sarcastic Sam Puckett. She also reprised the character in a crossover episode with Victorious, another Nickelodeon show starring Ariana Grande. McCurdy received four Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards for her portrayal of Sam Puckett, as well as nominations for Teen Choice Awards and Young Artist Awards.
Which brands does Jennette McCurdy endorse?
Jennette McCurdy has endorsed several brands throughout her career, both as an actress and as a singer. Some of the brands she has worked with are:
- Tamagotchi L.i.f.e., a collection of lifestyle products inspired by Tamagotchi toys. McCurdy was appointed as the official brand ambassador for Tamagotchi L.i.f.e. in 2013 and appeared in several commercials and videos promoting the products.
- Sprint, a telecommunications company that offers wireless services and devices. McCurdy appeared in a commercial for Sprint in 2005, when she was 13 years old. She also participated in a campaign called Sprint Sound Sessions, where she performed her songs live for fans via video chat.
- Birds Eye, a frozen food company that specializes in vegetables. McCurdy partnered with Birds Eye in 2014 to launch a campaign called Rewrite the Dinnertime Rules, which encouraged kids to eat more veggies by making them fun and creative. McCurdy also shared her own veggie recipes and tips on social media.
- Stance, a sock company that offers unique and colorful designs. McCurdy collaborated with Stance in 2015 to create her own collection of socks, which featured patterns inspired by her personality and hobbies. She also modeled for the brand’s website and catalog.
What are the viral stories of Jennette McCurdy?
Jennette McCurdy has been involved in several viral stories that have attracted attention from fans and media outlets. Some of these stories are:
- Her leaked lingerie photos scandal in 2014, when several racy selfies of her wearing underwear were posted online without her consent. Many people speculated that her ex-boyfriend, NBA player Andre Drummond, was behind the leak, but he denied any involvement. McCurdy also claimed that the photos were fake and that she was not ashamed of her body.
- Her feud with Nickelodeon in 2014, when she skipped the network’s Kids’ Choice Awards and accused them of treating her unfairly. She also hinted that there was tension between her and Ariana Grande, her co-star on Sam & Cat, over their salaries and screen time. The show was eventually cancelled after one season amid rumors of behind-the-scenes drama.
- Her endorsement of Roseanne Barr in 2012, when she tweeted her support for the comedian’s presidential campaign as the Green Party candidate. She also posted a photo of herself wearing a Roseanne Barr T-shirt and holding a sign that read “Roseanne for President”. She received mixed reactions from fans and critics for her political stance.
- Her memoir I’m Glad My Mom Died in 2022, when she published a book that detailed her abusive childhood and her struggles with eating disorders, alcoholism, and fame. The book’s title sparked controversy and curiosity, as McCurdy explained that she felt relieved and liberated after her mother’s death from cancer in 2013. The book became a #1 New York Times bestseller and received praise for its honesty and humor.
What are the scandals of Jennette McCurdy?
Jennette McCurdy has faced several scandals in her career, both personal and professional. Some of the scandals that have tarnished her reputation are:
- Her alleged sexualization by Nickelodeon, when she claimed that she was exploited and harassed by the network’s executives and producers, especially by a person she referred to as “the Creator”. She said that she was photographed in a bikini at a wardrobe fitting, forced to drink alcohol while underage, and given unwanted shoulder rubs by the Creator. She also said that she was verbally abused and pressured to act in ways that were uncomfortable for her.
- Her relationship with Andre Drummond, when she dated the basketball player for a week in 2013 after he expressed his crush on her on Twitter. The relationship ended badly, as McCurdy revealed on a podcast that Drummond was a “bad kisser” and that she broke up with him after one week. Drummond retaliated by leaking racy photos of McCurdy online, which she claimed were fake.
- Her podcast Empty Inside, when she launched an interview podcast in 2020 where she talked to celebrities and experts about various topics, such as mental health, eating disorders, religion, and comedy. The podcast was criticized for its candid and controversial conversations, as McCurdy asked her guests personal and provocative questions that sometimes made them uncomfortable or offended. Some of the guests that appeared on the podcast were Miranda Cosgrove, Pete Davidson, Anna Faris, and John Mulaney.
- Her lawsuit against her father, when she sued her biological father in 2021 for fraud and breach of contract. She alleged that he had lied to her about being her father for her entire life, and that he had taken advantage of her trust and money. She claimed that he had used her name and social security number to open bank accounts, credit cards, and loans without her knowledge or consent. She also accused him of stealing from her Coogan account, a trust fund for child actors.
Famous legal cases of Jennette McCurdy
Jennette McCurdy has been involved in some legal cases that have made headlines and affected her career. Some of the famous legal cases of Jennette McCurdy are:
- Her dispute with Nickelodeon over Sam & Cat, when she sued the network in 2014 for breach of contract and unfair compensation. She claimed that she was paid less than Ariana Grande, her co-star on the show, despite having equal billing and screen time. She also alleged that the network had violated her creative rights and artistic integrity by making changes to the show without her consent. The lawsuit was settled out of court, but the show was cancelled shortly after.
- Her defamation case against Perez Hilton, when she filed a lawsuit against the celebrity blogger in 2015 for libel and slander. She accused him of spreading false and malicious rumors about her on his website and social media platforms, such as calling her a “porn star” and a “drug addict”. She also claimed that he had invaded her privacy and caused emotional distress by posting intimate photos and videos of her without her permission. The lawsuit was dismissed by a judge in 2016 due to lack of evidence.
- Her restraining order against an obsessed fan, when she obtained a temporary restraining order against a man named Andre Weems in 2017 for stalking and harassing her. She alleged that he had sent her hundreds of messages online, followed her to public places, showed up at her home uninvited, and threatened to harm her and himself if she did not date him. She also said that he had attempted to break into her house on several occasions. The restraining order was later extended to three years by a judge in 2018.
- Her copyright infringement case against Netflix, when she sued the streaming service in 2019 for using her likeness and voice without her authorization. She claimed that Netflix had created a character named Jennette McCurdy in their series Black Mirror: Bandersnatch, which was an interactive film where viewers could choose different outcomes for the story. She alleged that Netflix had copied her appearance, personality, mannerisms, and vocal inflections for the character, and that they had used clips from her previous works without her consent. The lawsuit was settled out of court in 2020 for an undisclosed amount.
- Who is Jennette McCurdy? Jennette McCurdy is an American writer, director, podcaster, and former actress and singer. She is best known for her role as Sam Puckett in the Nickelodeon sitcom iCarly and its spin-off Sam & Cat. She also released several albums and singles as a country pop singer. She quit acting in 2017 to pursue a career in writing and directing. In 2020, she started hosting an interview podcast called Empty Inside. In 2022, she published a memoir titled I’m Glad My Mom Died, which became a bestseller and received critical acclaim.
- How old is Jennette McCurdy? Jennette McCurdy was born on June 26, 1992, in Los Angeles, California. She is currently 31 years old
- What is Jennette McCurdy’s net worth? According to Celebrity Net Worth, Jennette McCurdy’s net worth is estimated to be $5 million as of 2021. She earned most of her wealth from her acting and singing career, as well as from endorsements and appearances.
- Why did Jennette McCurdy quit acting? Jennette McCurdy quit acting because she felt unhappy and unfulfilled with her career choice. She revealed that she started acting at the age of six because of her mother’s pressure and ambition, not because of her own passion or interest. She said that she felt ashamed of most of the roles she played, especially on Nickelodeon, and that she struggled with eating disorders, anxiety, and depression as a result of the industry’s demands and expectations. She decided to quit acting after her mother died in 2013, and focus on her own creative projects and personal growth.
- What is Jennette McCurdy’s memoir about? Jennette McCurdy’s memoir, I’m Glad My Mom Died, is about her relationship with her mother, Debra, who was diagnosed with breast cancer when McCurdy was two years old and died when she was 21. The memoir details how Debra was a controlling and abusive parent who pushed McCurdy into acting and manipulated her emotionally and financially. The memoir also explores how McCurdy coped with her mother’s death, her grief, and her guilt, and how she eventually came to terms with her feelings and found freedom and happiness in her life.
- Is Jennette McCurdy married or dating anyone? Jennette McCurdy is not married and has not publicly confirmed any romantic relationship as of 2021. She has dated several celebrities in the past, such as NBA player Andre Drummond, actor Max Ehrich, and singer Jesse Carere. She has also spoken openly about her sexuality and identity, saying that she is bisexual and non-binary.