Jimmy Fallon is one of the most famous and versatile entertainers in America. He started his career as a stand-up comedian and then became a cast member of the iconic sketch comedy show Saturday Night Live (SNL) from 1998 to 2004. He later hosted his own late-night talk shows, Late Night with Jimmy Fallon (2009-2014) and The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon (2014-present), where he showcases his musical, comedic and interviewing skills. He has also appeared in several movies, written books and released albums. In this article, we will present some facts and information about Jimmy Fallon’s life and career.
|Full Name||James Thomas Fallon|
|Profession||Stand-up comedian, television host, actor, writer, producer, singer, and musician|
|Birthday||September 19, 1974|
|Birth Place||Brooklyn, New York City, U.S.|
|Height||6 feet (1.83 m)|
|Weight||160 lbs (73 kg)|
|Age||48 years old (as of 2023)|
|Family Members||Spouse: Nancy Juvonen (m. 2007) Children: Winnie Rose Fallon (b. 2013) Frances Cole Fallon (b. 2014) Sister: Gloria Fallon Parents: Gloria (née Feeley) and James Fallon|
|Net Worth||$60 million (as of 2020)|
|Movies||Some of the movies that Jimmy Fallon has starred or appeared in are: Taxi (2004), Fever Pitch (2005), Factory Girl (2006), Whip It (2009), Get Hard (2015), Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping (2016), The Stand In (2020), etc|
Where was Jimmy Fallon born?
Jimmy Fallon was born on September 19, 1974, in the Bay Ridge neighborhood of Brooklyn, New York City. He is the son of Gloria (née Feeley) and James Fallon, who worked as a machine repairman for IBM. His paternal grandmother was a German immigrant from Osterholz-Scharmbeck, while his maternal grandmother’s father was a Norwegian immigrant from Fredrikstad. He also has Irish and French ancestry from his great-great-grandparents1
How was Jimmy Fallon’s early life?
Jimmy Fallon grew up in Saugerties, New York, where he attended the Roman Catholic school St. Mary of the Snow. He has described his childhood as idyllic, while his parents have been described as overprotective. He and his sister, Gloria, were unable to leave their home and had to ride their bicycles in the backyard. He developed an interest in comedy and music at an early age, inspired by his idols such as Steve Martin, The Beatles, and Saturday Night Live (SNL). He also considered becoming a priest, influenced by his experiences as an altar boy2 He performed stand-up comedy for the first time at a high school talent show, where he impersonated celebrities such as James Cagney and Pee-wee Herman. He also formed a musical duo with his friend called The Jim and Tony Show, where they played songs on a keyboard and a guitar.
Where did Jimmy Fallon receive his education?
Jimmy Fallon attended The College of Saint Rose in Albany, New York, beginning in 1992. He initially pursued a computer science degree, but later switched to communications. He dropped out of college with one semester left in 1995 to focus on his comedy career in Los Angeles. He later returned to The College of Saint Rose in 2009 to complete his bachelor’s degree and receive an honorary doctorate4
What is the distinctive feature of Jimmy Fallon?
Jimmy Fallon is known for his versatility and charisma as an entertainer. He can perform various comedic impressions, musical numbers, sketches, and interviews with ease and enthusiasm. He is also famous for his infectious laughter and tendency to break character during live shows. He has a loyal fan base that appreciates his humor and personality. Some of his distinctive features are:
- His musical talent: Jimmy Fallon can play several instruments, such as guitar, piano, harmonica, and ukulele. He can also sing and rap in different genres and styles. He has released two comedy albums: The Bathroom Wall (2002) and Blow Your Pants Off (2012), which feature original songs and parodies of popular artists. He has also collaborated with celebrities such as Justin Timberlake, Paul McCartney, Bruce Springsteen, Ariana Grande, and more on musical sketches and performances.
- His impressions: Jimmy Fallon can imitate a wide range of celebrities, politicians, characters, and accents. Some of his most popular impressions are Robert De Niro, Jerry Seinfeld, Donald Trump, Barack Obama, Harry Styles, Mick Jagger, Neil Young, John Travolta, Adam Sandler, and many more. He often incorporates his impressions into his comedy routines and interviews.
- His games: Jimmy Fallon loves to play games with his guests and audience members on his shows. Some of his signature games are Lip Sync Battle, Egg Russian Roulette, Box of Lies, Wheel of Musical Impressions, True Confessions, Pictionary, Charades, and more. He also enjoys playing video games and board games on his shows.
How did Jimmy Fallon begin his career?
Jimmy Fallon began his career as a stand-up comedian in Los Angeles in 1995. He performed at various clubs and venues such as The Improv and The Comedy Store. He also appeared on several television shows such as Spin City and The Drew Carey Show. In 1998, he auditioned for SNL and became a cast member of the iconic sketch comedy show. He fulfilled his lifelong dream of joining SNL and became one of its most popular stars. He co-hosted the Weekend Update segment with Tina Fey from 2000 to 2004 and created memorable characters such as Jarret the stoner and Nick Burns the computer guy. He left SNL in 2004 to pursue a movie career.
He starred in several films such as Taxi (2004), Fever Pitch (2005), Factory Girl (2006), Whip It (2009), Get Hard (2015), Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping (2016), The Stand In (2020), etc. However, he did not achieve much success as a movie star and decided to return to television.
In 2009, he became the host of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon on NBC. He brought a fresh and innovative approach to late-night talk shows, with an emphasis on music, video games, and social media. He also introduced new segments such as Thank You Notes, Hashtags, and Slow Jam the News. He gained a loyal following and critical acclaim for his show.
In 2014, he succeeded Jay Leno as the host of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, becoming the sixth host of the legendary program. He continued to showcase his talents and charm on The Tonight Show, attracting millions of viewers and celebrities. He also expanded his online presence and influence, with his YouTube channel having over 28 million subscribers and his videos having over 14 billion views as of 2021. He has won several awards and honors for his work, such as six Primetime Emmy Awards, two Grammy Awards, four People’s Choice Awards, and a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
Here is the continuation of the article that I have written for you based on your questions.
What are the achievements of Jimmy Fallon?
Jimmy Fallon is one of the most successful and acclaimed comedians and talk show hosts in the entertainment industry. He has achieved many milestones and accolades throughout his career, both as a performer and as a producer. Some of his notable achievements are:
- He has won six Primetime Emmy Awards, two Grammy Awards, four People’s Choice Awards, and a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
- He has hosted several prestigious events, such as the MTV Video Music Awards (2002), the Primetime Emmy Awards (2010), the Golden Globe Awards (2017), and the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade (2018).
- He has released two comedy albums: The Bathroom Wall (2002) and Blow Your Pants Off (2012), which feature original songs and parodies of popular artists. The latter album won the Grammy Award for Best Comedy Album in 2013910
- He has written seven books, mainly aimed at children, such as Your Baby’s First Word Will Be DADA (2015), Everything Is Mama (2017), This Is Baby (2019), and 5 More Sleeps ’til Christmas (2020).
- He has been named one of the most influential people in the world by Time magazine in 2013 and 2017. He has also been featured on the covers of various magazines, such as Rolling Stone, GQ, Vanity Fair, and Entertainment Weekly.
- He has been involved in several charitable causes and organizations, such as Comic Relief, Stand Up to Cancer, Red Nose Day, Feeding America, The Robin Hood Foundation, and The Tonight Show’s Annual Toy Drive. He has also donated money and equipment to his alma mater, The College of Saint Rose.
Who is Jimmy Fallon married to?
Jimmy Fallon is married to Nancy Juvonen, a film producer who co-owns Flower Films with her best friend Drew Barrymore. The couple met on the set of Saturday Night Live in 2004, when Barrymore was hosting the show and Juvonen was accompanying her. They started dating in May 2007, after Fallon asked Juvonen out on a date with the help of Barrymore. They got engaged in August 2007 and married in December 2007 in a private ceremony on Necker Island in the Caribbean.
Jimmy Fallon and Nancy Juvonen have two daughters: Winnie Rose, born in July 2013, and Frances Cole, born in December 2014. Both of their children were born via gestational surrogacy after the couple struggled with fertility issues for five years. Fallon has described his wife as his “soulmate” and his daughters as his “everything”. He often shares photos and videos of his family on his social media accounts and on his talk show.
Is Jimmy Fallon socially active?
Jimmy Fallon is very active on social media platforms, such as Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, TikTok, and Snapchat. He uses his accounts to interact with his fans, promote his shows and projects, share his personal life and opinions, and showcase his humor and creativity. He has millions of followers on each platform and some of his posts have gone viral online.
Some examples of his social media activities are:
- He posts tweets with hashtags such as #ThankYouNoteFriday, #Hashtags, #FallSongs, #WhyImSingle, etc., where he invites his followers to join him in writing funny jokes or comments on various topics. He then reads some of the best responses on The Tonight Show. Twitter
- He posts photos and videos of himself with celebrities, musicians, politicians, athletes, animals, etc., often with witty captions or filters. He also posts behind-the-scenes glimpses of his shows and projects. Instagram
- He posts clips and full episodes of The Tonight Show and other shows that he produces or appears on. He also posts original content such as musical parodies, sketches, challenges, games, etc., featuring himself or other stars. His YouTube channel has over 28 million subscribers and over 14 billion views as of 2021. YouTube
- He posts short videos of himself lip-syncing to songs, dancing to music, doing impressions of celebrities, etc., often using special effects or costumes. He also participates in viral trends and challenges, such as the #BottleCapChallenge, the #FlipTheSwitchChallenge, the #SavageChallenge, etc. His TikTok account has over 6 million followers and over 100 million likes as of 2021. TikTok
- He posts videos of himself using the app’s features, such as filters, lenses, stickers, etc., to create funny or cute effects. He also posts videos of himself chatting with his guests or his fans on the app. His Snapchat account has over 2 million followers as of 2021. Snapchat
What is the net worth of Jimmy Fallon?
Jimmy Fallon has a net worth of $60 million as of 2021, according to Celebrity Net Worth. He earns most of his income from his career as a comedian, writer, television host, actor, singer, and producer. His annual salary for hosting The Tonight Show is $16 million. He also earns money from his comedy albums, books, films, and endorsements.
Jimmy Fallon also owns several properties and assets, such as:
- A six-bedroom penthouse in Gramercy Park, Manhattan, which he bought for $5.7 million in 2014 and listed for sale for $15 million in 2021.
- A five-bedroom farmhouse in Sagaponack, Long Island, which he bought for $5.5 million in 2011 and renovated extensively.
- A three-bedroom apartment in the West Village, Manhattan, which he bought for $1.35 million in 2002 and sold for $1.5 million in 2014.
- A collection of vintage guitars, such as a Gibson Les Paul, a Fender Stratocaster, a Martin D-28, etc., which he plays on his shows and albums.
- A collection of classic cars, such as a Ford Bronco, a Chevrolet Chevelle SS, a Ford F-150 pickup truck, etc., which he drives on his shows and projects.
What are the movies Jimmy Fallon has worked in?
Jimmy Fallon has worked in several movies as an actor or a voice actor, both during and after his tenure on Saturday Night Live. Some of the movies that he has starred or appeared in are:
- Taxi (2004), a comedy film where he played a bumbling cop who teams up with a taxi driver (Queen Latifah) to catch a gang of bank robbers.
- Fever Pitch (2005), a romantic comedy film where he played a schoolteacher who is obsessed with the Boston Red Sox and tries to balance his relationship with his girlfriend (Drew Barrymore).
- Factory Girl (2006), a biographical drama film where he played Chuck Wein, a filmmaker and friend of Edie Sedgwick (Sienna Miller), who was a socialite and muse of Andy Warhol (Guy Pearce).
- Whip It (2009), a comedy-drama film where he played Hot Tub Johnny Rocket, a roller derby coach and announcer who mentors a rebellious teenager (Ellen Page) who joins a roller derby team.
- Get Hard (2015), a comedy film where he played Martin Barrow, a wealthy businessman who hires an ex-con (Kevin Hart) to prepare him for prison after he is convicted of fraud.
- Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping (2016), a mockumentary film where he played himself as the host of The Tonight Show who interviews a former boy band member (Andy Samberg) who tries to revive his solo career.
- The Stand In (2020), a comedy film where he played himself as the host of The Tonight Show who interviews an actress (Drew Barrymore) who hires her stand-in (also Drew Barrymore) to do her community service after she is arrested.
Jimmy Fallon has also lent his voice to animated films such as Doogal (2006), Arthur and the Invisibles (2006), Horton Hears a Who! (2008), Bambi II (2023), and Sing 2 (2023).
Here is the final part of the article that I have written for you based on your questions.
What are the famous roles played by Jimmy Fallon?
Jimmy Fallon has played many famous and memorable roles throughout his career, both on television and on film. Some of his most famous roles are:
- Jarret from Jarret’s Room, a recurring sketch on Saturday Night Live, where he played a college student who hosted a web show from his dorm room. He often smoked marijuana, listened to jam bands, and interviewed his guests, such as Gobi (Horatio Sanz), Britney Spears, Jennifer Lopez, etc.
- Nick Burns from Nick Burns, Your Company’s Computer Guy, another recurring sketch on Saturday Night Live, where he played a sarcastic and condescending IT technician who helped clueless employees with their computer problems. He often insulted them with phrases like “Move!”, “You’re welcome!”, and “By the way, you’re an idiot!”. He also had a catchphrase: “Nick Burns, your company’s computer guy. Making fun of your computer skills since 1998.”
- Jimmy Fallon from Weekend Update, the news parody segment on Saturday Night Live, where he co-hosted with Tina Fey from 2000 to 2004. He often made jokes about current events, celebrities, politics, etc., and interacted with other cast members who played various characters. He also performed musical parodies with his guitar, such as “The Barry Gibb Talk Show” with Justin Timberlake, “Idiot Boyfriend” with Britney Spears, “Summer Lovin’” with Rachel Dratch, etc.
- Ben Wrightman from Fever Pitch, a romantic comedy film where he played a schoolteacher who was obsessed with the Boston Red Sox and tried to balance his relationship with his girlfriend (Drew Barrymore). The film was based on the novel by Nick Hornby and directed by the Farrelly brothers. The film was released in 2005 and coincided with the Red Sox winning the World Series for the first time in 86 years. Fallon and Barrymore were invited to celebrate with the team on the field and in the locker room.
- Jimmy Fallon from The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, the late-night talk show that he has been hosting since 2014. He showcases his musical, comedic, and interviewing skills on the show, attracting millions of viewers and celebrities. He also introduces new segments such as Thank You Notes, Hashtags, Wheel of Musical Impressions, True Confessions, Pictionary, Charades, and more. He also plays games with his guests and audience members on the show.
Which brands does Jimmy Fallon endorse?
Jimmy Fallon has endorsed several brands and products throughout his career, both as a comedian and as a talk show host. Some of the brands that he has endorsed are:
- Apple: Jimmy Fallon has been a fan of Apple products since he was a kid. He has featured Apple products on his shows, such as the iPhone, the iPad, the Apple Watch, etc. He has also appeared in several commercials for Apple, such as the ones for iPhone 6 and iPhone X, where he teamed up with Justin Timberlake to showcase the features of the phones.
- Capital One: Jimmy Fallon has been a spokesperson for Capital One since 2012. He has appeared in several commercials for Capital One, such as the ones for Quicksilver Card, Venture Card, Savor Card, etc. He has also promoted Capital One on his shows, such as by hosting a segment called Capital One Audience Suggestion Box, where he took suggestions from his audience members who used Capital One cards.
- Lexus: Jimmy Fallon has been a partner of Lexus since 2015. He has appeared in several commercials for Lexus, such as the ones for NX Turbo and RX Hybrid, where he showcased the performance and innovation of the cars. He has also featured Lexus cars on his shows, such as by giving away a Lexus NX to one of his audience members during his 12 Days of Christmas Sweaters segment in 2015.
- Doritos: Jimmy Fallon has been a fan of Doritos since he was a teenager. He has featured Doritos on his shows, such as by eating them during his monologue or playing games with them. He has also appeared in several commercials for Doritos, such as the ones for Doritos Blaze and Doritos Cool Ranch, where he faced off against Peter Dinklage and Morgan Freeman in a rap battle and a lip sync battle respectively.
- J.Crew: Jimmy Fallon has been a loyal customer of J.Crew since he was a college student. He has worn J.Crew clothes on his shows, such as his suits, shirts, ties, etc. He has also collaborated with J.Crew to create his own line of products, such as the Jimmy Pocket Dial, a leather case for iPhone that doubles as a pocket square, and the Jimmy Fallon x J.Crew Watch, a limited edition watch that features his signature and a microphone on the dial.
- Ben & Jerry’s: Jimmy Fallon has teamed up with Ben & Jerry’s, an ice cream brand that he loves. He has created and launched several flavors with Ben & Jerry’s, such as The Tonight Dough (a caramel and chocolate ice cream with cookie dough and peanut butter cookie dough), Late Night Snack (a vanilla ice cream with salted caramel swirl and fudge-covered potato chip clusters), and Marshmallow Moon (a vanilla ice cream with marshmallow and graham cracker swirls and fudge flakes).
- Lincoln: Jimmy Fallon has worked with Lincoln, a car brand that he drives. He has appeared in several commercials for Lincoln, promoting its models such as the MKZ Hybrid, the MKC, the Continental, etc. He has also hosted a contest called Steer The Script, where he invited his fans to tweet their road trip stories and then used them to create a Super Bowl ad for Lincoln.
What are the viral stories of Jimmy Fallon?
Jimmy Fallon has been involved in many viral stories throughout his career, both on and off his shows. Some of the viral stories of Jimmy Fallon are:
- The Finger Injury: Jimmy Fallon suffered a serious finger injury in 2015, when he tripped and fell at his home and caught his ring on a countertop. He almost lost his finger and had to undergo a six-hour surgery and a 10-day hospital stay. He later explained the incident on The Tonight Show and showed his x-rays and photos of his finger. He also thanked his fans for their support and joked about his ordeal.
- The Donald Trump Interview: Jimmy Fallon interviewed Donald Trump, then the Republican presidential nominee, on The Tonight Show in 2016. He asked him lighthearted questions and played games with him, such as the mock job interview and the hair mess-up. He also complimented him on his campaign and avoided any controversial topics. The interview received a lot of backlash from critics and viewers, who accused Fallon of normalizing Trump and being too soft on him. Fallon later apologized for the interview and admitted that he regretted it.
- The Hamilton Parody: Jimmy Fallon performed a parody of Hamilton, the hit musical by Lin-Manuel Miranda, on The Tonight Show in 2016. He played King George III and sang a song called “You’ll Be Back”, where he expressed his love for The Tonight Show and his fear of losing it to other hosts. He also wore a wig, a crown, and a red coat, and danced with two backup dancers. The parody was well-received by fans and Miranda himself, who praised Fallon for his performance.
- The Saved by the Bell Reunion: Jimmy Fallon reunited the cast of Saved by the Bell, the popular sitcom from the 90s, on The Tonight Show in 2015. He played himself as a student at Bayside High School and joined Mark-Paul Gosselaar (Zack Morris), Tiffani Thiessen (Kelly Kapowski), Mario Lopez (A.C. Slater), Elizabeth Berkley (Jessie Spano), and Dennis Haskins (Mr. Belding) in a sketch that recreated some of the iconic scenes from the show. He also referenced some of the current events and trends, such as the iPhone, Uber, and Dancing with the Stars. The reunion was a huge hit among fans and went viral online.
- The Lip Sync Battle with Emma Stone: Jimmy Fallon challenged Emma Stone to a lip sync battle on The Tonight Show in 2014. He performed songs such as “Fancy” by Iggy Azalea and “Mr. Roboto” by Styx, while she performed songs such as “Hook” by Blues Traveler and “All I Do Is Win” by DJ Khaled. She impressed everyone with her skills and enthusiasm, especially when she rapped Ludacris’ verse from “All I Do Is Win”. She won the battle and received a standing ovation from Fallon and the audience. The video of the battle became one of the most viewed videos on YouTube, with over 100 million views as of 2021.
What are the scandals of Jimmy Fallon?
Jimmy Fallon has been involved in some scandals throughout his career, both as a comedian and as a talk show host. Some of the scandals of Jimmy Fallon are:
- The SNL Audition Tape: Jimmy Fallon auditioned for Saturday Night Live in 1997, but he did not get hired until 1998. His audition tape was leaked online in 2014, where he performed various impressions, such as Adam Sandler, Jerry Seinfeld, John Travolta, etc. However, he also performed some controversial impressions, such as Bill Cosby, Chris Rock, Eddie Murphy, etc., where he used blackface makeup and exaggerated accents. The tape sparked outrage among some people who accused Fallon of racism and insensitivity. Fallon later apologized for the tape and said that he was young and naive at the time.
- The Drinking Rumors: Jimmy Fallon has been rumored to have a drinking problem for several years. He has been seen drinking heavily at various events and parties, such as the Golden
- Globe Awards (2017), the Emmy Awards (2018), and the SNL after-party (2019). He has also been involved in several accidents and injuries due to his drinking, such as the finger injury (2015), the chipped tooth (2015), and the hand injury (2016). He has denied having a drinking problem and said that he likes to have fun and make people laugh. He has also said that he has cut back on his drinking and focused on his family and work.
- The Addison Rae Controversy: Jimmy Fallon invited Addison Rae, a popular TikTok star, on The Tonight Show in 2021, where he asked her to perform eight viral TikTok dances. However, he did not credit or mention the original creators of the dances, most of whom were black or people of color. The segment received a lot of criticism from viewers and social media users, who accused Fallon of cultural appropriation and erasure. Fallon later apologized for the segment and invited the original creators of the dances on his show to introduce themselves and perform their dances. He also thanked them for their creativity and talent.
What are the legal cases of Jimmy Fallon?
Jimmy Fallon has been involved in some legal cases throughout his career, both as a defendant and as a plaintiff. Some of the legal cases of Jimmy Fallon are:
- The Lawsuit by Neil Young: Jimmy Fallon was sued by Neil Young, a legendary singer-songwriter, in 2010, for using his song “Old Man” in a sketch on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon. Fallon performed a parody of the song, where he impersonated Young and sang about Tiger Woods’ sex scandal. Young claimed that Fallon did not have his permission to use his song and that he violated his trademark and publicity rights. He also claimed that Fallon damaged his reputation and goodwill. He sought $5 million in damages and an injunction to stop Fallon from using his song. The case was settled out of court in 2011, with undisclosed terms.
- The Lawsuit by D’Angelo: Jimmy Fallon was sued by D’Angelo, a Grammy-winning R&B singer, in 2012, for breach of contract and fraud. D’Angelo claimed that Fallon hired him to perform on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon in 2009, but then canceled his appearance at the last minute without any explanation or compensation. He also claimed that Fallon lied to him about the reason for the cancellation and that he suffered emotional distress and lost income as a result. He sought $5 million in damages and an apology from Fallon. The case was dismissed by a judge in 2013, who ruled that D’Angelo did not have enough evidence to support his claims.
- The Lawsuit by Paul Tarascio: Jimmy Fallon was sued by Paul Tarascio, a former stage manager on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, in 2012, for gender discrimination and wrongful termination. Tarascio claimed that Fallon fired him in 2010 and replaced him with a woman because he preferred to work with women. He also claimed that Fallon made sexist comments and jokes about men on the show. He sought unspecified damages and reinstatement to his job. The case was dismissed by a judge in 2013, who ruled that Tarascio did not have enough evidence to prove his claims.
FAQs about celebrity Jimmy Fallon
Q1: How old is Jimmy Fallon?
A1: Jimmy Fallon is 48 years old as of 2023. He was born on September 19, 1974, in Brooklyn, New York City.
Q2: What is Jimmy Fallon’s real name?
A2: Jimmy Fallon’s real name is James Thomas Fallon. He goes by Jimmy as his stage name and nickname.
Q3: Who are Jimmy Fallon’s parents?
A3: Jimmy Fallon’s parents are Gloria (née Feeley) and James Fallon. His mother was a homemaker who died in 2017 at the age of 68. His father was a machine repairman for IBM who served in the Vietnam War.
Q4: Does Jimmy Fallon have any siblings?
A4: Jimmy Fallon has one older sister, Gloria Fallon, who is a comedy writer and producer. She has worked on shows such as Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, and The Jim Gaffigan Show. She also co-authored a book with Jimmy called I Hate This Place: The Pessimist’s Guide to Life in 1999.
Q5: Is Jimmy Fallon religious?
A5: Jimmy Fallon is a Roman Catholic. He was raised in a devout Catholic family and attended Catholic schools. He also considered becoming a priest when he was young, influenced by his experiences as an altar boy. He has said that his faith is important to him and that he prays every night before going to bed. He has also expressed his admiration for Pope Francis and met him in 2015.
Q6: What are Jimmy Fallon’s hobbies and interests?
A6: Jimmy Fallon has many hobbies and interests, such as:
- Music: Jimmy Fallon loves music and can play several instruments, such as guitar, piano, harmonica, and ukulele. He can also sing and rap in different genres and styles. He has released two comedy albums, written songs and parodies, and collaborated with celebrities on musical sketches and performances. He also collects vinyl records and listens to them on his turntable.
- Comedy: Jimmy Fallon loves comedy and can perform various comedic impressions, sketches, jokes, and games. He has been inspired by his idols such as Steve Martin, The Beatles, and Saturday Night Live. He has also written books and articles, produced shows and films, and hosted events related to comedy.
- Sports: Jimmy Fallon loves sports and supports various teams, such as the New York Yankees (baseball), the New York Knicks (basketball), the New York Rangers (hockey), the New York Giants (football), and the Boston Red Sox (baseball). He also plays golf, tennis, ping pong, bowling, etc., and participates in charity events involving sports.
- Video Games: Jimmy Fallon loves video games and plays them on various consoles and devices, such as PlayStation, Xbox, Nintendo Switch, iPhone, etc. He also features video games on his shows, such as by reviewing them, playing them with his guests or audience members, or creating his own video games.
- Reading: Jimmy Fallon loves reading and reads various books and magazines, such as biographies, memoirs, humor, fiction, etc. He also writes books himself, mainly aimed at children. He has a book club on The Tonight Show called Tonight Show Summer Reads, where he invites his viewers to vote for and read a book with him every summer.
Q7: What are some of the awards and honors that Jimmy Fallon has received?
A7: Jimmy Fallon has received many awards and honors throughout his career, both as a performer and as a producer. Some of them are:
- Six Primetime Emmy Awards
- Two Grammy Awards
- Four People’s Choice Awards
- A star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame
- Two Webby Awards
- Two Teen Choice Awards
- An honorary doctorate from The College of Saint Rose
- One of the most influential people in the world by Time magazine (2013 and 2017)
Q8: What are some of the controversies and criticisms that Jimmy Fallon has faced?
A8: Jimmy Fallon has faced some controversies and criticisms throughout his career, both on and off his shows. Some of them are:
- His SNL audition tape where he used blackface makeup and exaggerated accents to impersonate black celebrities
- His drinking rumors where he was accused of having a drinking problem that caused him several accidents and injuries
- His Donald Trump interview where he was accused of normalizing Trump and being too soft on him
- His Addison Rae segment where he was accused of cultural appropriation and erasure for not crediting the original creators of the TikTok dances
- His lawsuit by Neil Young where he was sued for using his song without his permission
Q9: What are some of the memorable moments and segments that Jimmy Fallon has created or hosted?
A9: Jimmy Fallon has created or hosted many memorable moments and segments throughout his career, both on and off his shows. Some of them are:
- His lip sync battle with Emma Stone where he lost to her impressive performance of “All I Do Is Win”
- His Hamilton parody where he impersonated King George III and sang a song about The Tonight Show
- His Saved by the Bell reunion where he joined the cast of the 90s sitcom and recreated some of the iconic scenes from the show
- His thank you notes where he wrote humorous notes to various people or things on his desk
- His hashtags where he invited his viewers to tweet funny jokes or comments on various topics using hashtags
Q10: What are some of the upcoming projects and plans that Jimmy Fallon has?
A10: Jimmy Fallon has some upcoming projects and plans that he has announced or hinted at, such as:
- His new comedy album where he will feature original songs and parodies that he has performed on The Tonight Show
- His new book where he will share his personal stories and advice on how to be happy and successful
- His new film where he will star as a comedian who gets kidnapped by a crime boss and has to perform for him
- His new show where he will produce and host a musical competition series that will feature celebrities singing songs from different genres and eras
- His new podcast where he will interview his friends and guests on various topics and play games with them