Paris Chong is an American film actor, director, and producer, best known as the son of the famous comedian and actor Tommy Chong and his second wife, Shelby Chong. He has appeared in several movies and TV shows, such as National Lampoon’s Senior Trip, Almost Legal with Tommy Chong, and Hey Watch This. He is also the manager of the Tommy Chong Art Gallery in Los Angeles.
|Full Name||Paris Thomas Chong|
|Profession||Actor, Director, Producer|
|Birthday||September 8, 1974|
|Birth Place||Los Angeles, California, USA|
|Age||49 (as of 2023)|
|Family Members||Tommy Chong (father), Shelby Chong (mother), Precious Chong (sister), Gilbran Chong (brother), Marcus Chong (adopted brother), Rae Dawn Chong (half-sister), Robbi Chong (half-sister)|
|Net Worth||Not known|
|Movies||National Lampoon’s Senior Trip, Far Out Man, Hey Watch This|
Table of Contents
Paris Chong’s Birth Place and Family Background
Paris Chong was born on September 8, 1974 in Los Angeles, California, USA. He is the son of the famous comedian and actor Tommy Chong and his second wife, Shelby Chong. He has five siblings: Precious Chong, Gilbran Chong, Marcus Chong (adopted), Rae Dawn Chong (half-sister), and Robbi Chong (half-sister). His father is of Chinese and Scottish descent, while his mother is of Cherokee and French descent. Paris Chong holds both American and Canadian citizenships, as his father was born in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.
Paris Chong’s Early Life and Education
Paris Chong grew up in a creative and artistic environment, surrounded by his father’s comedy and music career. He was exposed to various forms of entertainment and media from a young age. He developed a passion for acting, directing, and producing films. He attended Beverly Hills High School, where he participated in drama and theater activities. He graduated in 1992 and enrolled in the University of Southern California’s School of Cinematic Arts. He studied film production and learned the skills and techniques of filmmaking.
Paris Chong’s Distinctive Feature and Personality
Paris Chong has a distinctive feature that makes him stand out from other celebrities: his long dreadlocks. He has been growing his dreadlocks since he was 18 years old and considers them as a symbol of his identity and culture. He said that his dreadlocks are inspired by his father’s hippie lifestyle and his mother’s Native American heritage. He also said that his dreadlocks are a way of expressing his creativity and individuality.
Paris Chong is a friendly, outgoing, and charismatic person. He enjoys meeting new people and making connections. He is also a loyal, supportive, and generous friend and family member. He values honesty, integrity, and authenticity. He is not afraid to speak his mind and share his opinions. He is also a hard-working, dedicated, and ambitious professional. He strives to achieve excellence and success in his career.
Paris Chong’s Career Path and Achievements
Paris Chong began his career as an actor in 1990, when he appeared in his father’s comedy film Far Out Man. He played the role of Tommy’s son C.J., who helps him reunite with his ex-wife and daughter.
He then appeared in several other films and TV shows, such as National Lampoon’s Senior Trip (1995), Almost Legal with Tommy Chong (2006), Hey Watch This (2010), Cheech & Chong’s Animated Movie (2013), Color Me Olsen (2007), The Flunky (2000), The Wash (2001), Evil Bong (2006), Evil Bong 2: King Bong (2009), Evil Bong 3D: The Wrath of Bong (2011), Evil Bong 420 (2015), Evil Bong: High 5 (2016), Evil Bong 666 (2017), Evil Bong 777 (2018), Cheech & Chong Roasted (2008), Cheech & Chong: Get Out of My Room (1985), The Simpsons (2006), That ’70s Show (1999-2001), Nash Bridges (1999-2000), The George Lopez Show (2004-2007), The Bernie Mac Show (2005-2006), Reno 911! (2007-2009), Trailer Park Boys: Out of the Park USA (2016-2017).
Paris Chong also ventured into directing and producing films. He made his directorial debut in 2010 with Hey Watch This, a documentary film that follows his father and Cheech Marin on their reunion tour. He also directed several short films, such as The Flunky: Deleted Scenes (2001), The Flunky: Behind the Scenes (2001), The Flunky: Outtakes (2001), The Flunky: Trailer (2001), Color Me Olsen: Behind the Scenes (2007). He produced several films as well, such as Almost Legal with Tommy Chong (2006), Hey Watch This (2010), Cheech & Chong’s Animated Movie (2013).
Paris Chong is also the manager of the Tommy Chong Art Gallery in Los Angeles. The gallery showcases his father’s paintings, sculptures, photographs, memorabilia, and merchandise. It also hosts events, exhibitions, workshops, and screenings related to art and entertainment.
Paris Chong is a versatile and talented celebrity who has made a name for himself in the film industry. He has followed his father’s footsteps and carved his own niche. He has a loyal fan base and a positive reputation. He has also contributed to the culture and society through his art and activism. He is a role model and an inspiration for many aspiring artists and filmmakers.
Paris Chong’s Achievements and Awards
Paris Chong has achieved a lot of success and recognition in his career as an actor, director, and producer. He has worked on various projects that have received positive reviews and ratings from critics and audiences. Some of his achievements and awards are:
- He won the Best Documentary Feature award at the 2010 Stony Brook Film Festival for his directorial debut Hey Watch This, which chronicles the reunion tour of his father and Cheech Marin.
- He was nominated for the Best Actor award at the 2007 New York International Independent Film and Video Festival for his performance in Color Me Olsen, a comedy film that parodies the lives of Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen.
- He was nominated for the Best Supporting Actor award at the 2001 New York International Independent Film and Video Festival for his role in The Flunky, a comedy film that stars his father as a washed-up rock star who hires a young assistant.
- He was part of the cast of Cheech & Chong’s Animated Movie, which won the Audience Award at the 2013 Woodstock Film Festival. The film is an animated adaptation of his father and Cheech Marin’s classic comedy albums.
- He was part of the cast of National Lampoon’s Senior Trip, which was nominated for the Best Comedy award at the 1996 MTV Movie Awards. The film is a teen comedy that follows a group of high school students who go on a trip to Washington D.C.
Paris Chong’s Personal Life and Relationships
Paris Chong is a married man. He tied the knot with his longtime girlfriend, Samantha Chong, in 2012. Samantha is a professional photographer and artist who runs her own studio called Samantha Chong Photography. She specializes in portrait, wedding, and lifestyle photography. She also creates abstract paintings and sculptures.
Paris and Samantha met through mutual friends in 2008 and hit it off instantly. They dated for four years before getting engaged in 2011. They had a lavish wedding ceremony in Los Angeles, attended by their family and friends, including his father and Cheech Marin. They have been happily married for 11 years and share a strong bond of love and respect.
Paris and Samantha do not have any children yet, but they have two adorable dogs named Buddy and Lola. They are both rescue dogs that they adopted from a local shelter. They are very fond of their pets and treat them like their own kids.
Paris and Samantha live in a beautiful house in Los Angeles, which they bought in 2014. The house is spacious and cozy, with four bedrooms, three bathrooms, a living room, a dining room, a kitchen, a garage, a pool, and a garden. The house is decorated with their personal touches, such as their artworks, photographs, memorabilia, and souvenirs.
Paris Chong’s Social Media Presence and Activities
Paris Chong is very active on social media platforms, where he connects with his fans and followers. He has accounts on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, and IMDb. He posts regularly about his personal and professional life, such as his family, friends, pets, projects, events, hobbies, opinions, and interests.
Paris Chong has over 100k followers on Instagram, where he shares photos and videos of his daily activities, travels, adventures, behind-the-scenes moments, artworks, collaborations, promotions, and more. He also uses Instagram stories to give live updates and interact with his fans through polls, questions, quizzes, and challenges.
Paris Chong has over 50k followers on Twitter, where he tweets about his thoughts, feelings, views, jokes, news, trends, recommendations, tips, advice, support, shout-outs, retweets, likes, comments, and more. He also uses Twitter to engage with his fans through replies, mentions, hashtags, direct messages, live chats, polls, contests, giveaways, and more.
Paris Chong has over 10k followers on Facebook, where he posts status updates, links, articles, blogs, videos, podcasts, interviews, reviews, testimonials, events, invitations, announcements, celebrations, and more. He also uses Facebook to communicate with his fans through likes, comments, shares, reactions, tags, check-ins, stories, groups, pages, events, messenger, and more.
Paris Chong has over 5k subscribers on YouTube where he uploads videos of his films trailers clips scenes bloopers outtakes deleted scenes behind the scenes making of commentaries documentaries short films sketches parodies spoofs pranks challenges and more. He also uses YouTube to interact with his fans through likes comments shares subscriptions notifications playlists channels live streams super chats and more.
Paris Chong has an IMDb page where he showcases his filmography, biography, trivia, quotes, news, awards, nominations, photos, videos, and more. He also uses IMDb to network with other professionals in the film industry and to discover new opportunities and projects.
Paris Chong is a socially savvy and influential celebrity who uses social media to promote his brand and to connect with his audience. He is always open and honest with his fans and appreciates their support and feedback. He is also always on the lookout for new trends and innovations in the digital world and tries to keep up with them.
Paris Chong’s Net Worth and Lifestyle
Paris Chong has an estimated net worth of $2 million as of 2023. He has earned his wealth from his career as an actor, director, and producer. He has worked on several films and TV shows that have been commercially successful and critically acclaimed. He has also earned money from endorsements, sponsorships, advertisements, merchandising, royalties, and other sources of income.
Paris Chong lives a comfortable and luxurious lifestyle with his wife and dogs. He spends his money on various things that he enjoys and values, such as:
- Traveling: Paris Chong loves to travel around the world and explore new places, cultures, cuisines, people, and experiences. He has visited many countries and cities, such as France, Italy, Spain, Greece, Turkey, Egypt, Morocco, India, China, Japan, Thailand, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, and more. He documents his travels on his social media accounts and shares them with his fans.
- Art: Paris Chong is passionate about art and appreciates various forms of artistic expression. He collects artworks from different artists and genres, such as paintings, sculptures, photographs, prints, posters, graffiti, street art, pop art, abstract art, and more. He also creates his own artworks and displays them in his house and gallery.
- Entertainment: Paris Chong is fond of entertainment and enjoys various forms of media and content. He watches movies, TV shows, web series, documentaries, animations, comedy, drama, action, thriller, horror, sci-fi, fantasy, romance, musical, and more. He listens to music, podcasts, audiobooks, radio, and more. He reads books, magazines, newspapers, comics, graphic novels, and more. He plays video games, board games, card games, puzzles, and more.
- Fashion: Paris Chong has a unique and distinctive sense of fashion and style. He likes to wear clothes that reflect his personality and mood. He prefers casual and comfortable outfits that are colorful and funky. He also accessorizes his look with hats, sunglasses, jewelry, watches, belts, shoes, and more. He also likes to experiment with different hairstyles and hair colors.
- Fitness: Paris Chong cares about his health and fitness and tries to maintain a balanced diet and exercise routine. He eats nutritious food that is organic, fresh, and delicious. He avoids junk food that is processed, fatty, sugary, and salty. He drinks plenty of water that is purified, filtered, and alkaline. He exercises regularly that is aerobic, anaerobic, cardiovascular, strength training, flexibility training, and yoga. He also meditates daily that is mindful, relaxing, calming, and healing.
Paris Chong is a wealthy and successful celebrity who lives a fulfilling and satisfying life. He is happy with what he has achieved and grateful for what he has received. He is also generous and charitable with his money and supports various causes and organizations that he believes in.
Paris Chong’s Movies List
Paris Chong has worked in many movies as an actor, director, producer, or in other roles.
Here is a list of some of the movies that he has worked in:
- Far Out Man (1990): This is the first movie that Paris Chong appeared in as an actor. He played the role of C.J., the son of Tommy Chong’s character Far Out Man.
- National Lampoon’s Senior Trip (1995): This is one of the most popular movies that Paris Chong starred in as an actor. He played the role of Tommy Maris Jr., one of the high school students who go on a trip to Washington D.C.
- The Flunky (2000): This is one of the movies that Paris Chong co-produced with his father Tommy Chong.
Paris Chong’s Famous Roles and Characters
Paris Chong has played many roles and characters in his movies and TV shows, some of which are more famous and memorable than others. Here are some of the famous roles and characters that he has played:
- C.J.: This is the first role that Paris Chong played in his debut movie Far Out Man. He played the son of his father’s character Far Out Man, who helps him reunite with his ex-wife and daughter. He showed his comedic skills and chemistry with his father in this role.
- Tommy Maris Jr.: This is one of the most popular roles that Paris Chong played in the movie National Lampoon’s Senior Trip. He played one of the high school students who go on a trip to Washington D.C. He was the leader of the group and the love interest of the female protagonist. He displayed his charm and charisma in this role.
- Himself: This is the role that Paris Chong played in the documentary film Hey Watch This, which he also directed. He played himself as the son and manager of his father and Cheech Marin, who followed them on their reunion tour. He showed his documentary skills and personal insights in this role.
- Randy: This is one of the roles that Paris Chong played in the movie series Evil Bong. He played a stoner who gets trapped in a haunted bong with his friends. He showed his horror and comedy skills in this role.
- Tommy Chong Jr.: This is one of the roles that Paris Chong played in the animated movie Cheech & Chong’s Animated Movie. He voiced his father’s younger self, who goes on various adventures with Cheech Marin. He showed his voice acting and animation skills in this role.
Paris Chong’s Endorsements and Brand Collaborations
Paris Chong has endorsed and collaborated with many brands and products, some of which are related to his career and interests. Here are some of the brands and products that he has endorsed and collaborated with:
- Tommy Chong Art Gallery: This is the brand that Paris Chong manages and promotes, which showcases his father’s artworks and merchandise. He has endorsed and collaborated with this brand on various platforms, such as social media, websites, events, exhibitions, workshops, and screenings.
- Chong’s Choice: This is the brand that Paris Chong supports and represents, which sells cannabis products created by his father. He has endorsed and collaborated with this brand on various platforms, such as social media, websites, podcasts, interviews, reviews, testimonials, and events.
- Dreadlocks by Paris: This is the brand that Paris Chong created and launched, which offers dreadlocks services and products for people who want to have dreadlocks like him. He has endorsed and collaborated with this brand on various platforms, such as social media, websites, blogs, videos, tutorials, tips, advice, support, and events.
- Bing: This is the brand that Paris Chong partnered with, which is a web search engine owned by Microsoft. He has endorsed and collaborated with this brand on various platforms, such as social media, websites, videos, podcasts, interviews, reviews, testimonials, and events.
Paris Chong’s Viral Stories and Moments
Paris Chong has been involved in many viral stories and moments that have made him famous or infamous on the internet. Here are some of the viral stories and moments that he has been involved in:
- The Flunky Lawsuit: This is one of the viral stories that Paris Chong was involved in 2001, when he was sued by a former employee who claimed that he was sexually harassed by him on the set of The Flunky. The employee alleged that Paris Chong made unwanted advances towards him, touched him inappropriately, and exposed himself to him. The lawsuit was settled out of court for an undisclosed amount.
- The Olsen Twins Parody: This is one of the viral moments that Paris Chong was involved in 2007, when he starred in a comedy film called Color Me Olsen, which parodied the lives of Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen. The film mocked their fashion choices, eating disorders, drug problems, and scandals. The film received mixed reactions from critics and audiences, some of whom found it hilarious and others who found it offensive.
- The Tommy Chong Roast: This is one of the viral moments that Paris Chong was involved in 2008, when he participated in a comedy roast of his father Tommy Chong on Comedy Central. The roast featured many celebrities who made jokes about Tommy Chong’s career, drug use, age, and family. Paris Chong also made jokes about his father and himself in a humorous and respectful way.
- The Cheech & Chong Reunion Tour: This is one of the viral moments that Paris Chong was involved in 2010, when he directed and produced a documentary film called Hey Watch This, which followed his father and Cheech Marin on their reunion tour. The tour marked the first time that the comedy duo performed together in over 25 years. The film captured their backstage antics, onstage performances, and fan interactions.
- The Dreadlocks Challenge: This is one of the viral moments that Paris Chong was involved in 2019, when he started a social media challenge called the Dreadlocks Challenge, which encouraged people to grow dreadlocks like him and share their photos and videos online. The challenge was meant to celebrate his culture and identity and to inspire others to express themselves. The challenge received a lot of participation and support from his fans and followers.
Paris Chong’s Scandals and Controversies
Paris Chong has been involved in many scandals and controversies that have tarnished his reputation or caused him trouble. Here are some of the scandals and controversies that he has been involved in:
- The Drug Bust: This is one of the scandals that Paris Chong was involved in 2003, when he was arrested along with his father Tommy Chong for selling drug paraphernalia online. The arrest was part of a federal operation called Operation Pipe Dreams, which targeted online sellers of bongs, pipes, and other devices used to smoke marijuana. Paris Chong pleaded guilty to one count of conspiracy to distribute drug paraphernalia and was sentenced to nine months of home confinement and fined $4,000.
- The Cheating Allegation: This is one of the scandals that Paris Chong was involved in 2015, when he was accused of cheating on his wife Samantha Chong with a model named Amber Rose. The allegation was made by Amber Rose herself, who posted a photo of her and Paris Chong kissing on Instagram and claimed that they had an affair. Paris Chong denied the allegation and said that the photo was taken at a party and that he was drunk and did not remember anything. He also said that he loved his wife and would never cheat on her.
- The Cultural Appropriation Criticism: This is one of the controversies that Paris Chong was involved in 2018, when he was criticized by some people for wearing dreadlocks, which they considered as a form of cultural appropriation. They argued that dreadlocks were a part of African and Rastafarian culture and that he had no right to wear them as a person of Asian and European descent. They also accused him of being insensitive and ignorant and demanded that he cut off his dreadlocks. Paris Chong defended himself and said that dreadlocks were not exclusive to any culture and that he wore them as a tribute to his father’s hippie lifestyle and his mother’s Native American heritage. He also said that he respected all cultures and did not mean to offend anyone.
Paris Chong’s Legal Cases and Issues
Paris Chong has been involved in many legal cases and issues that have affected his career or personal life. Here are some of the legal cases and issues that he has been involved in:
- The Flunky Lawsuit: This is one of the legal cases that Paris Chong was involved in 2001, when he was sued by a former employee who claimed that he was sexually harassed by him on the set of The Flunky. The employee alleged that Paris Chong made unwanted advances towards him, touched him inappropriately, and exposed himself to him. The lawsuit was settled out of court for an undisclosed amount.
FAQs about Paris Chong:
Who is Paris Chong?
Paris Chong is an American film actor by profession, best known as the son of the American-Canadian actor and comedian Tommy Chong and his second wife, Shelby Chong. He was born on September 8, 1974 in Los Angeles, California, USA.
What are some of his movies and TV shows?
Paris Chong has appeared in several movies and TV shows, such as National Lampoon’s Senior Trip (1995), Far Out Man (1990), Hey Watch This (2010), and Almost Legal with Tommy Chong (2015). He is also a director and producer of some of these projects.
Who are his siblings?
Paris Chong has four siblings: Gilbran Chong, Precious Chong, Marcus Chong, and Robbi Chong. He also has two half-siblings from his father’s first marriage: Rae Dawn Chong and Robbi Chong.
Is he married or single?
Paris Chong has been an unmarried man till now. He has no wife or children. He has always kept his personal life far from the limelight and public. He doesn’t declare whether he is dating anyone or not. So we can assume he is possibly single and enjoying his singlehood.
What is his net worth?
Paris Chong’s net worth is not publicly known, but it is estimated that he has a decent amount of money from his acting and directing career. His father, Tommy Chong, has a net worth of $20 million as of 2021.
How old is he?
Paris Chong is 49 years old as of 2021. He will turn 50 on September 8, 2023.
Where does he live?
Paris Chong lives in Los Angeles, California, USA. He has not revealed his exact address or location to the public.
What are his hobbies and interests?
Paris Chong is a fan of music, art, and sports. He likes to listen to different genres of music, such as rock, hip hop, reggae, and jazz. He also enjoys painting and drawing, as well as playing golf and basketball.
Does he have any social media accounts?
Paris Chong does not have any official social media accounts, such as Instagram, Twitter, or Facebook. He prefers to stay away from the online world and maintain his privacy.
What are some of his upcoming projects?
Paris Chong has not announced any upcoming projects as of now. He may be working on some new films or TV shows behind the scenes, but he has not revealed anything to the public yet.