Some Lesser Known Facts About Shilpa Shukla
- Shilpa Shukla is of Ladhaki-Tibetan descent.
- She was born and raised in the family of civil servicemen, political leaders, and popular scholars.
- At the age of 16, Shilpa started doing modelling.
- She started her career as a theatre artist with renowned theatre actor and director Maharaj Krishna Raina.
- Initially, Shilpa worked in Doordarshan TV serials and thereafter, she started getting short roles in the movies.
- She has appeared in many Hindi movies like ‘Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi’, ‘Chak De India’, ‘Frozen’, ‘Rajdhani Express’, ‘B.A. Pass’, ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’, ‘Bombairiya’, ‘Junction’, etc.
- Shilpa shot to fame in 2007 with the Bollywood movie ‘Chak De! India’ in which she played the role of ‘Bindiya Naik’.
- In 2013, she again came into the eyes of her audience after playing the bold scenes with a much younger boy in the film ‘B.A. Pass’ and won several awards for portraying such a bold character.
- She has hosted the popular real-life crime based TV show ‘Savdhaan India’ (Mini-Series).
- Apart from TV serials and films, Shilpa has also worked in TVC ads, web series, and short films.
- In 2012, she rejected an offer given by Anurag Kashyap for the film ‘Gangs of Wasseypur’ because, at that time, she needed a break.
- In 2014, Shilpa attended the Ladakh International Film Festival (LIFF) and as well as the 33rd initiation of Kalachakra with the Dalai Lama.
- Her brother Tenzin Priydarshi is a founder of the Dalai Lama Centre For Ethics And Transformative Values at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in the USA.
- Shilpa first met her husband Mohit Tripathi (associate director of B.A. Pass) at the Asmita Theatre Group in Delhi.
- In 2018, she was featured on the coverpage of magazine ‘Delhi Noir’.