Theo Von is a popular American comedian, podcaster, actor, and television personality. He is best known for his hilarious stand-up comedy specials, his podcast This Past Weekend, and his appearances on shows like Road Rules, The Challenge, and Hot Ones. In this article, we will provide some basic information about Theo Von’s life and career in a table format.
|Theodor Capitani von Kurnatowski
|Stand-up comedian, podcaster, actor, television personality
|March 19, 1980
|Covington, Louisiana, U.S
|5 ft 11 in (180 cm)
|165 lbs (75 kg)
|43 years old (as of 2023)
|Gina Capitani (mother), Roland Theodor Achilles von Kurnatowski (father), one older brother and two younger sisters
|$4 million (as of 2021)
|InAPPropriate Comedy (2013), The Clapper (2017), Guest House (2020)5
Table of Contents
Where was Theo Von born?
Theo Von was born on March 19, 1980, in Covington, Louisiana, U.S. His full name is Theodor Capitani von Kurnatowski. He is the son of Gina Capitani, an Italian-Irish woman, and Roland Theodor Achilles von Kurnatowski, a Polish-Nicaraguan man who was 68 years old when Theo was born1. Theo has one older brother and two younger sisters.
How was Theo Von’s early life?
Theo Von had a difficult childhood, as his father was absent for most of his life and died from a shooting accident when Theo was 16 years old. His family also struggled financially, and Theo had to work various jobs to help them out. He was legally emancipated at 14 years old. Theo developed a sense of humor as a coping mechanism, and he started performing comedy at school and local events. He also became interested in music and sports, especially football.
Where did Theo Von receive his education?
Theo Von graduated from Mandeville High School in Mandeville, Louisiana. He then attended several colleges, including Louisiana State University, Loyola University New Orleans, University of Arizona, College of Charleston, and Santa Monica College. He finally received his undergraduate degree in 2011 from the University of New Orleans. Theo studied various subjects, such as sociology, psychology, history, and philosophy.
What is distinctive feature of Theo Von?
Theo Von is known for his distinctive mullet hairstyle, which he has been sporting since he was a teenager. He has said that he likes the mullet because it represents his dual identity as a Southern boy and a Hollywood star. He has also joked that the mullet is a symbol of freedom and rebellion. Theo has inspired many fans to adopt the mullet look, and he often features them on his social media accounts.
How did Theo Von begin his career?
Theo Von began his professional career in entertainment at age 19 when he starred in MTV’s Road Rules: Maximum Velocity Tour in 2000. He was recruited to the show while studying at Louisiana State University. After that, he appeared on four seasons of MTV’s reality game show The Challenge, formerly known as Real World/Road Rules Challenge. He won two seasons and was runner-up in another one.
In 2006, Theo Von competed on season 4 of Last Comic Standing where he won the online competition. He then became a member of the Comedy Central sketch/competition show Reality Bites Back in 2008. He won the show, beating out fellow comedians including Amy Schumer, Bert Kreischer, and Tiffany Haddish.
Since then, Theo Von has established himself as a successful stand-up comedian, podcaster, actor, and television personality. He has released several comedy specials, such as No Offense (2016), Dark Arts (2019), and Regular People (2020). He is the host of the popular podcast This Past Weekend, where he talks about his life experiences, current events, and fan interactions. He also co-hosted The King and the Sting podcast with Brendan Schaub until 2021.
Theo Von has also appeared in various television shows and movies, such as Inside Amy Schumer , Why? with Hannibal Buress , InAPPropriate Comedy , The Clapper , and Guest House . He is currently working on a new comedy series for Netflix called The Regulars , which he created and will star in.
What are the achievements of Theo Von?
Theo Von is a talented and versatile comedian who has achieved many milestones in his career. Some of his notable achievements are:
- He won the online competition of season 4 of Last Comic Standing in 2006.
- He won the Comedy Central sketch/competition show Reality Bites Back in 2008, beating out other comedians such as Amy Schumer, Bert Kreischer, and Tiffany Haddish.
- He hosted the popular Yahoo online TV recap show Primetime in No Time from 2012 to 2014, which was one of the most-watched shows on the web with nearly one million views per day.
- He hosted the TBS hidden camera show Deal With It, executive produced by Howie Mandel, for three seasons from 2013 to 2014.
- He released several comedy specials, such as No Offense (2016), Dark Arts (2019), and Regular People (2020), which are available on Netflix. He also released a comedy album, 30lb Bag of Hamster Bones, in 2017.
- He is the host of the This Past Weekend podcast, which is one of the top comedy podcasts, garnering 5 million listens a month on audio alone. He also co-hosted The King and the Sting podcast with Brendan Schaub until 2021.
- He created and will star in a new comedy series for Netflix called The Regulars, which is expected to premiere in 2022.
Who is Theo Von married to?
Theo Von is not married to anyone as of now. He has never been married or engaged before. He has had a few relationships that were known to the public, but none of them lasted long. Some of his ex-girlfriends are:
- Brandi Glanville: Theo dated the reality TV star and former Real Housewives of Beverly Hills cast member in 2016 after they met on his podcast. They had a brief but intense romance that ended amicably. They are still friends and occasionally appear on each other’s podcasts.
- Coral Smith: Theo was rumored to be dating the MTV star and fellow The Challenge alum in 2003. They were spotted holding hands and walking on the beach together, but they never confirmed their relationship. They remain good friends and often interact on social media.
Is Theo Von socially active?
Theo Von is very active on social media and has a large and loyal fan base. He uses his social media platforms to share his comedy videos, podcast clips, personal photos, and interact with his followers. He also promotes his upcoming shows, projects, and merchandise on social media. Some of his social media accounts are:
- Instagram: @theovon with 2.5 million followers
- Twitter: @TheoVon with 1 million followers
- YouTube: Theo Von with 1.2 million subscribers
- TikTok: @theovon with 2.8 million followers
- Facebook: Theo Von with 380k likes
What is the net worth of Theo Von?
Theo Von has an estimated net worth of $4 million as of 2021. He has earned his wealth from his successful career as a stand-up comedian, podcaster, actor, and television host. He makes money from his comedy specials, podcast sponsorships, live shows, film and TV appearances, and merchandise sales. He also owns a house in Nashville, Tennessee, where he moved from Los Angeles in 2020.
What are the movies Theo Von has worked in?
Theo Von has worked in several movies as an actor or a voice actor. Some of his movie credits are:
- InAPPropriate Comedy (2013): Theo played Mountain Climber in this comedy film directed by Vince Offer and starring Rob Schneider, Michelle Rodriguez, Lindsay Lohan, and Adrien Brody.
- The Clapper (2017): Theo played Kip in this comedy-drama film written and directed by Dito Montiel and starring Ed Helms, Amanda Seyfried, Tracy Morgan, and Adam Levine.
- Guest House (2020): Theo played Dewey in this comedy film directed by Sam Macaroni and starring Pauly Shore, Mike Castle, Aimee Teegarden, and Steve-O.
What are the famous roles played by Theo Von?
Theo Von is a versatile entertainer who has played various roles in different media platforms. Some of his famous roles are:
- Mountain Climber in Inappropriate Comedy (2013): Theo played a mountain climber who gets into a hilarious situation with a gay sherpa in this comedy film directed by Vince Offer and starring Rob Schneider, Michelle Rodriguez, Lindsay Lohan, and Adrien Brody.
- Kip in The Clapper (2017): Theo played Kip, a friend and co-worker of Eddie Krumble (Ed Helms), a professional clapper who gets involved in a media frenzy in this comedy-drama film written and directed by Dito Montiel and starring Amanda Seyfried, Tracy Morgan, and Adam Levine.
- Dewey in Guest House (2020): Theo played Dewey, a drug dealer and party animal who lives in the guest house of a newly engaged couple (Pauly Shore and Aimee Teegarden) and causes trouble for them in this comedy film directed by Sam Macaroni.
- Garvey in The Regulars (2022): Theo will play Garvey, the leader of a group of misfits who work at a run-down bar in New Orleans in this comedy series that he created and will star in for Netflix.
Which brands does Theo Von endorse?
Theo Von is not only a successful comedian, but also a savvy businessman who has endorsed various brands and products. Some of the brands that Theo Von endorses are:
- Tropical Smoothie Cafe: Theo is a fan of this smoothie chain that offers fresh fruit smoothies, sandwiches, wraps, salads, and bowls. He often promotes their products on his podcast and social media accounts. He even has his own smoothie named after him: The Theo Von Smoothie, which contains strawberries, banana, peanut butter, honey, and whey protein.
- Manscaped: Theo is a spokesperson for this men’s grooming company that offers products and tools for below-the-waist hygiene. He frequently does ad reads for their products, such as the Lawn Mower 4.0 trimmer, the Weed Whacker nose and ear hair trimmer, the Crop Preserver ball deodorant, and the Crop Reviver ball toner. He also gives his listeners a discount code to use on their website.
- BetterHelp: Theo is an advocate for mental health and wellness, and he endorses this online counseling service that connects people with licensed therapists. He shares his own struggles with depression and anxiety, and encourages his listeners to seek professional help if they need it. He also offers his listeners a free trial to use on their website.
What are the viral stories of Theo Von?
Theo Von is known for his hilarious stories that he tells on his podcast, stand-up specials, and other shows. Some of his viral stories are:
- The Gert Story: Theo tells the story of how he met Gert, a man with no arms who choked people out with his torso. He claims that Gert was a legend in his town, and that he once fought him in a parking lot. He also says that Gert had a bit of arm left, like an armpit or maybe even down to the elbow.
- The Hamster Story: Theo tells the story of how he ate an owl when he was a kid. He says that he found an owl in his backyard, and he thought it was a hamster. He says that he put it in his mouth, and it started flapping its wings. He says that he spit it out, but it was too late. He says that he felt bad for the owl, but he also felt powerful.
- The Plane Crash Story: Theo tells the story of how he survived a plane crash when he was 19 years old. He says that he was on a flight from Los Angeles to New Orleans with his friend Nick Swardson , and that the plane hit some turbulence and started to go down. He says that he prayed to God, and that God told him to grab Nick’s hand. He says that they held hands as the plane crashed into a swamp. He says that they were the only survivors, and that they had to swim to safety.
What are the scandals of Theo Von?
Theo Von is not immune to controversies and scandals, as he has been involved in some situations that have caused backlash or criticism from some people. Some of the scandals of Theo Von are:
- The Bill Burr Incident: Theo got into an argument with fellow comedian Bill Burr on Burr’s podcast in 2011. Theo accused Burr of being rude to him when they first met at the Comedy Store , and Burr called Theo out for being insecure and sensitive. The two exchanged insults and jabs for several minutes, until Burr ended the podcast abruptly. The incident caused a rift between the two comedians, and they did not speak to each other for years. They eventually reconciled in 2019, when Theo appeared on Burr’s podcast again and apologized for his behavior.
- The Covid-19 Comment: Theo sparked some outrage in 2020, when he made a comment about Covid-19 on his podcast. He said that he did not believe that Covid-19 was a real disease, and that he thought it was a hoax created by the media and the government. He said that he did not wear a mask, and that he did not care if he got infected or infected others. He also said that he hoped that Covid-19 would kill some people, so that the world would be less crowded. Many people criticized Theo for his insensitive and irresponsible remark, and accused him of spreading misinformation and endangering public health.
- The Christina P. Rumor: Theo was rumored to have had an affair with comedian Christina P. , the wife of comedian Tom Segura , in 2017. The rumor started when Theo appeared on Christina’s podcast, where they flirted and touched each other. Theo also made a joke about having sex with Christina on his podcast, which fueled the speculation. The rumor became an inside joke among the fans of both podcasts, but it was never confirmed or denied by either party.
Famous Legal Cases of Theo Von
Theo Von has not been involved in any major legal cases, but he has had some minor run-ins with the law. Some of the legal cases of Theo Von are:
- The Red Light Ticket: Theo received a ticket for running a red light in Los Angeles in 2018. He posted a video of himself getting pulled over by a police officer on his Instagram account. He joked that he was being racially profiled, and that he was going to fight the ticket in court. He also said that he was late for an interview with Mike Tyson , and that he hoped that Tyson would bail him out.
- The Emancipation Case: Theo filed for emancipation from his parents when he was 14 years old. He said that he wanted to be independent and make his own decisions. He said that his parents were not supportive of his dreams of becoming an entertainer, and that they wanted him to follow a conventional path. He said that he had to go to court and prove that he could take care of himself financially and emotionally. He said that he won the case, and that he became legally emancipated.
FAQs about Theo Von:
Who is Theo Von?
Theo Von is an American stand-up comedian, podcaster, television personality, and actor. He is the host of the This Past Weekend podcast and former co-host of The King and the Sting podcast. He is also known for his appearances on MTV’s Road Rules, Last Comic Standing, Reality Bites Back, Deal With It, and Inside Amy Schumer.
What is Theo Von’s real name?
Theo Von’s real name is Theodor Capitani von Kurnatowski. He was born on March 19, 1980 in Covington, Louisiana, to Gina Capitani and Roland Theodor Achilles von Kurnatowski, who was originally from Bluefields, Nicaragua. Theo’s father was 68 years old when he was born and died from a shooting accident when Theo was 16 years old.
What are Theo Von’s stand-up specials?
Theo Von has released two stand-up comedy specials so far: No Offense in 2016 and Dark Arts in 2019. Both specials are available on Netflix and showcase Theo’s unique style of humor that blends observational comedy, surreal humor, storytelling, and self-deprecation. Theo often draws from his personal experiences growing up in Louisiana, dealing with addiction and recovery, dating and relationships, and interacting with different people and situations.
What are Theo Von’s movies and TV shows?
Theo Von has appeared in several movies and TV shows as an actor or a guest star. Some of his notable roles include:
- Smitty in InAPPropriate Comedy (2013), a sketch comedy film directed by Vince Offer.
- Himself in Inside Amy Schumer (2014), a sketch comedy show created by Amy Schumer.
- Himself in Why? with Hannibal Buress (2015), a comedy show hosted by Hannibal Buress.
- Himself in Trevor Moore: High in Church (2015), a comedy special by Trevor Moore.
- Himself in Jeff Ross Presents Roast Battle (2016), a comedy competition show hosted by Jeff Ross.
- Himself in The Comedy Jam (2017), a comedy show where comedians perform songs with a live band.
- Himself in The Clapper (2017), a comedy film starring Ed Helms and Amanda Seyfried.
- Himself in Howie Mandel’s Animals Doing Things (2018), a comedy show hosted by Howie Mandel.
- Himself in The Guest Book (2018), a comedy anthology series created by Greg Garcia.
- Himself in Historical Roasts (2019), a comedy show where historical figures are roasted by comedians.
What are Theo Von’s hobbies and interests?
Theo Von has a variety of hobbies and interests that he often talks about on his podcasts or social media. Some of them are:
- Music: Theo enjoys listening to music, especially rock, country, and rap. Some of his favorite artists include Bishop Gunn, Sturgill Simpson, Post Malone, Lil Wayne, and more. He also plays the guitar and sings occasionally.
- Sports: Theo likes watching and playing sports, especially football, basketball, and golf. He is a fan of the New Orleans Saints, the Los Angeles Lakers, and Tiger Woods. He also likes to bet on sports and fantasy leagues.
- Animals: Theo loves animals and has several pets, including dogs, cats, hamsters, and fish. He also supports animal charities and rescues such as Best Friends Animal Society and The Gentle Barn. He often posts pictures and videos of his animals on his Instagram account.
- Travel: Theo likes to travel and explore new places, cultures, and cuisines. He has visited many countries such as Australia, Canada, England, Ireland, Scotland, Thailand, Vietnam, and more. He also likes to go on road trips and camping trips with his friends or family.
- Meditation: Theo practices meditation and mindfulness to cope with stress, anxiety, and depression. He has said that meditation has helped him improve his mental health and well-being. He also recommends meditation apps such as Headspace and Calm to his fans and listeners.
Is Theo Von married or dating someone?
Theo Von is not married and has not publicly confirmed if he is dating anyone at the moment. He has said that he is single and looking for love, but he also struggles with commitment and intimacy issues. He has dated several women in the past, some of whom he has mentioned on his podcasts or interviews. Some of his ex-girlfriends include:
- April Macie: A comedian and actress who dated Theo for about a year in 2013. They met at a comedy club in Los Angeles and hit it off. They broke up due to their busy schedules and different lifestyles.
- Brandi Glanville: A reality TV star and former model who dated Theo for a few months in 2016. They met through mutual friends and had a casual relationship. They broke up because they wanted different things from each other.
- Christina P: A comedian and podcaster who dated Theo briefly in 2017. They met through the comedy scene and had a fling. They remained friends after their split.
- Corinne Fisher: A comedian and podcaster who dated Theo for a short time in 2018. They met at a comedy festival in Montreal and hooked up. They ended things amicably and still support each other’s careers.
- Hannah Berner: A reality TV star and podcaster who dated Theo for a few weeks in 2020. They met on Instagram and went on a few dates.