Doja Cat is one of the most popular and versatile artists in the music industry today. She has been making waves with her catchy songs, creative videos and colorful personality. But how much do you really know about her?
In this article, we will give you all the details about Doja Cat, from her real name and birthday to her net worth and movies. Read on to find out more about this talented star.
|Amala Ratna Zandile Dlamini
|Rapper, singer, songwriter and record producer
|October 21, 1995
|Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|5 ft 5 in (165 cm)
|132 lbs (60 kg)
|27 years old (as of 2023)
|Deborah Sawyer (mother), Dumisani Dlamini (father), Leilani (brother)
|$12 million (as of 2023)
|Birds of Prey (2020), Hustlers (2019), The After Party (2018)
Table of Contents
Where was Doja Cat born?
Doja Cat was born on October 21, 1995, in Tarzana, Los Angeles, California. Her real name is Amala Ratna Zandile Dlamini. Her father, Dumisani Dlamini, is a South African actor, and her mother, Deborah Elizabeth Sawyer, is a Jewish-American painter.
How was Doja Cat early life?
Doja Cat’s early life was shaped by her diverse cultural heritage. She was exposed to a variety of musical genres, including hip hop, R&B, and electronic music. She also developed a love for dance .
When she was five years old, Doja Cat’s mother enrolled her in ballet, tap, and jazz dance lessons. She also took singing lessons from her aunt, who was a singer. Doja Cat was a natural performer, and she loved being on stage.
As a teenager, Doja Cat began to experiment with music. She started making and releasing songs on SoundCloud. Her song “So High” caught the attention of Kemosabe and RCA Records, and she signed a joint record deal with the two labels.
Where did Doja Cat receive her education?
Doja Cat attended Oak Park High School in California. She graduated from high school in 2013. After high school, Doja Cat decided to pursue a career in music full-time.
What is distinctive feature of the Doja Cat?
Doja Cat is known for her unique musical style, which blends elements of hip hop, R&B, pop, and electronic music. She is also known for her energetic live performances and her quirky sense of humor.
One of the most distinctive features of Doja Cat is her voice. She has a wide vocal range and a unique singing style that is both powerful and expressive. Doja Cat is also known for her songwriting skills. She writes many of her own songs, and her lyrics are often witty and insightful.
How did Doja Cat begin his/her career?
Doja Cat began her career by releasing music on SoundCloud. Her song “So High” caught the attention of Kemosabe and RCA Records, and she signed a joint record deal with the two labels. In 2014, Doja Cat released her debut EP, Purrr!.
Doja Cat’s debut album, Amala, was released in 2018. The album was a critical and commercial success, and it spawned the hit singles “Mooo!” and “Tia Tamera.” Doja Cat’s second album, Hot Pink, was released in 2019. The album was even more successful than her debut, and it spawned the hit singles “Say So,” “Kiss and Make Up,” and “Juicy.”
Doja Cat has won numerous awards for her music, including a Grammy Award, four American Music Awards, and two Billboard Music Awards. She is one of the most popular and successful artists in the music industry today.
What are the achievements of Doja Cat?
Doja Cat is one of the most popular and versatile artists in the music industry today. She has been making waves with her catchy songs, creative videos and colorful personality. But how much do you really know about her achievements? In this article, we will give you a summary of some of the awards and honors that Doja Cat has received throughout her career.
- Grammy Award: Doja Cat has been nominated for three Grammy Awards, the most prestigious recognition in the music world. She received her first nomination in 2021 for Record of the Year and Best Pop Solo Performance for her hit single “Say So”. She also received two nominations in 2022 for Best New Artist and Best Pop Duo/Group Performance for her collaboration with SZA on “Kiss Me More”.
- Billboard Music Award: Doja Cat has won one Billboard Music Award out of six nominations. She won the award for Top R&B Female Artist in 2021, beating out Beyoncé and Jhené Aiko. She was also nominated for Top New Artist, Top R&B Artist, Top R&B Album for “Hot Pink”, Top R&B Song for “Say So” and Top Streaming Song for “Say So (Remix)” featuring Nicki Minaj.
- American Music Award: Doja Cat has won five American Music Awards out of nine nominations. She won the awards for New Artist of the Year and Favorite Female Soul/R&B Artist in 2020, and Collaboration of the Year, Favorite Soul/R&B Female Artist and Favorite Soul/R&B Album for “Planet Her” in 2021. She was also nominated for Video of the Year and Favorite Soul/R&B Album for “Hot Pink” in 2020, and Favorite Pop/Rock Song and Favorite Pop/Rock Female Artist in 2021.
- MTV Video Music Award: Doja Cat has won four MTV Video Music Awards out of 13 nominations. She won the awards for Push Best New Artist and Best Direction for “Say So” in 2020, and Best Art Direction and Best Visual Effects for “You Right” featuring The Weeknd in 2021. She was also nominated for Video of the Year, Song of the Year, Best Collaboration, Best Pop and Best Choreography for “Say So” in 2020, and Video of the Year, Artist of the Year, Best Collaboration and Best Pop for “Kiss Me More” in 2021.
- Other Awards and Honors: Doja Cat has also received many other accolades from various organizations and publications. She has won two iHeartRadio Music Awards, two BET Hip Hop Awards, two Soul Train Music Awards, one Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Award, one MTV Europe Music Award, one People’s Choice Award, one YouTube Music Award and one Guinness World Record. She has also been named one of the 100 most influential people in the world by Time magazine in 2021, one of the top breakout stars of 2020 by Forbes magazine, and one of the best-dressed celebrities at the 2021 Met Gala by Vogue magazine.
Who is Doja Cat married to?
Doja Cat is not married, but she is in a committed relationship with someone special. She has been dating Jeffrey “J” Cyrus, a musician and online comedian, since late 2020. The couple has been spotted together in various occasions, such as vacationing in Mexico, dining in New York and attending the 2021 MTV Video Music Awards. Doja Cat has also expressed her love for Cyrus on social media, calling him “my everything” and “the love of my life”.
Doja Cat has been very private about her personal life, and has not revealed much details about her boyfriend. However, some fans have been concerned about her relationship with Cyrus, who has been accused of emotional abuse and manipulation by his former Twitch followers in 2019 and 2020. Cyrus has apologized for his actions, but his apology post has been deleted. Doja Cat has not addressed the allegations against Cyrus, and has dismissed the critics who have questioned her love life. She has said that she does not care what people think about her or her personal life, and that she is very happy and in love.
Is Doja Cat socially active?
Doja Cat is very active on social media, where she interacts with her fans and showcases her personality and creativity. She has millions of followers on various platforms, such as Instagram, Twitter, TikTok and YouTube. She often posts humorous, candid and provocative content, such as close-up shots of her pimples, random vulgar words, pre-sneeze snapshots and breast-reduction-recovery updates. She also responds to her fans and haters with witty and sarcastic comments, and sometimes engages in online arguments and controversies.
Doja Cat has said that she enjoys social media, and that she sees it as a form of entertainment for herself and her followers. She has also said that she is very impulsive, and that she likes to dive into the mess that comes with rude comments and stuff. However, she has also admitted that social media has been a double-edged sword for her, and that she is learning to control how much she puts out and the way she puts those things out. She has said that social media has been a big part of her career, but also a source of stress and negativity.
What is the net worth of Doja Cat?
Doja Cat is one of the most successful and wealthy artists in the music industry today. She has earned a lot of money from her music sales, streams, tours, endorsements and merchandise. According to Celebrity Net Worth, Doja Cat has a net worth of $12 million as of 2021. She is expected to increase her net worth in the future, as she continues to release more music and expand her global presence and partnerships with brands such as Pepsi and Candy Crush.
Doja Cat has also been very generous with her money, and has donated to various causes and charities. She has supported the Black Lives Matter movement, the LGBTQ+ community, the COVID-19 relief efforts, the Australian bushfire crisis, the Armenia Fund and the NAACP Legal Defense Fund. She has also given away money to her fans on social media, such as sending $500 to a fan who was struggling to pay rent, and giving $5,000 to a fan who won a TikTok challenge.
What are the movies Doja Cat has worked in?
Doja Cat is not only a talented musician, but also an aspiring actress. She has appeared in a few movies and TV shows, mostly as herself or performing her songs. Some of the movies and TV shows that Doja Cat has worked in are:
- Birds of Prey: This is a 2020 superhero film based on the DC Comics team of the same name. It stars Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn, who joins forces with other female vigilantes to save a young girl from a crime lord. Doja Cat’s song “Boss Bitch” is featured on the film’s soundtrack, and is played during a scene where Harley Quinn fights her enemies in a police station.
- Hustlers: This is a 2019 crime drama film inspired by a New York magazine article about a group of strippers who scam their wealthy clients. It stars Jennifer Lopez, Constance Wu, Julia Stiles, Keke Palmer and Lili Reinhart. Doja Cat’s song “Cyber Sex” is featured on the film’s soundtrack, and is played during a scene where the strippers perform their routines.
- The After Party: This is a 2018 comedy film about an aspiring rapper who goes viral for the wrong reasons, and tries to redeem himself by performing at a legendary after party. It stars Kyle Harvey, Harrison Holzer, Shelley Hennig, Teyana Taylor and Wiz Khalifa. Doja Cat plays herself in the film, and performs her song “So High” at the after party.
- Dave: This is a comedy TV series that premiered in 2020 on FXX. It follows the fictionalized version of rapper Lil Dicky, who tries to become a famous rapper with the help of his friends and girlfriend. Doja Cat appears as herself in one episode of the second season, where she collaborates with Lil Dicky on a song.
- Wild ‘N Out: This is a comedy TV series that premiered in 2005 on MTV. It features Nick Cannon and a team of comedians who compete against each other in various improv games. Doja Cat appears as a guest star and a musical performer in one episode of the fifteenth season, where she participates in games such as “Let Me Holla”, “Got Props” and “Wildstyle”.
Famous roles played by Doja Cat
Doja Cat is primarily known as a singer and rapper, but she has also appeared in a few television shows and movies. In 2021, she guest-starred as the temporary romantic interest of American rapper and comedian Lil Dicky in the second season of the TV series Dave. She also hosted the 2021 MTV Video Music Awards ceremony.
In 2023, Doja Cat appeared in the action-comedy film Bullet Train, alongside Brad Pitt, Joey King, and Aaron Taylor-Johnson. She played a mysterious assassin named Ladybug.
Brands endorsed by Doja Cat
Doja Cat is a popular brand ambassador. She has endorsed brands such as Pepsi, Taco Bell, and JBL. She has also collaborated with brands such as Puma and Yves Saint Laurent.
In 2021, Doja Cat was announced as a Pepsi ambassador. She starred in an advertisement in which she performs a modern reenactment of the song “You’re the One That I Want” from the musical film Grease, as part of a campaign celebrating the launch of the Pepsi-Cola Soda Shop.
Viral stories of Doja Cat
Doja Cat is known for her viral moments on social media. In 2018, her song “Mooo!” went viral on TikTok. The song is about Doja Cat’s love of cows, and the music video features her dressed in a cow costume.
In 2020, Doja Cat’s song “Say So” went viral on TikTok again. The song is a catchy pop song with a dance challenge that was popular on the app. “Say So” became Doja Cat’s first Billboard Hot 100 number-one single.
Scandals of Doja Cat
Doja Cat has been involved in a few scandals throughout her career. In 2020, she was criticized for collaborating with the rapper DaBaby, who has a history of making homophobic comments. Doja Cat later apologized for working with DaBaby.
In 2021, Doja Cat was criticized for wearing a dress with a feathered skirt to the Grammy Awards. Some people accused her of cultural appropriation, as feathered skirts are a traditional part of Native American culture. Doja Cat defended her choice of dress, saying that she was inspired by Josephine Baker, a black entertainer who wore feathered skirts in the early 1900s.
Famous legal cases of Doja Cat
Doja Cat has not been involved in any major legal cases. However, in 2020, she was sued by a songwriter named Alexis Stone. Stone claimed that Doja Cat’s song “Say So” infringed on her copyright. The case was later settled out of court.
- Who is Doja Cat?
Doja Cat is an American rapper, singer, songwriter and record producer. She is known for her catchy songs, creative videos and colorful personality. She has released three studio albums: Amala (2018), Hot Pink (2019) and Planet Her (2021). Some of her most popular songs include “Say So”, “Kiss Me More”, “Need to Know” and “Woman”. She has also collaborated with artists such as Nicki Minaj, SZA, The Weeknd, Ariana Grande and Megan Thee Stallion. She has received numerous awards and nominations, such as three Grammy Awards, five Billboard Music Awards, five American Music Awards and four MTV Video Music Awards. She was named one of the 100 most influential people in the world by Time magazine in 2021.
- What is Doja Cat’s real name?
Doja Cat’s real name is Amala Ratna Zandile Dlamini. She was born on October 21, 1995, in Los Angeles, California, to a South African father and an American mother. She chose the stage name Doja Cat because she loves cats and weed. Doja is a slang term for marijuana, and cat is her favorite animal.
- What is Doja Cat’s ethnicity?
Doja Cat is biracial, as her father is of Zulu descent and her mother is of Jewish heritage. She has said that she identifies as both black and white, and that she is proud of her mixed background. She has also said that she is influenced by both African and American cultures, and that she incorporates elements of both in her music and style.
- What is Doja Cat’s net worth?
According to Celebrity Net Worth, Doja Cat has a net worth of $12 million as of 2021. She has earned a lot of money from her music sales, streams, tours, endorsements and merchandise. She is expected to increase her net worth in the future, as she continues to release more music and expand her global presence and partnerships with brands such as Pepsi and Candy Crush.
- Who is Doja Cat’s boyfriend?
Doja Cat is currently dating Jeffrey “J” Cyrus, a musician and online comedian. They have been together since late 2020, and have been spotted together in various occasions, such as vacationing in Mexico, dining in New York and attending the 2021 MTV Video Music Awards. Doja Cat has also expressed her love for Cyrus on social media, calling him “my everything” and “the love of my life”.
- What are Doja Cat’s achievements?
Doja Cat has achieved a lot of success and recognition in the music industry. She has released three studio albums, 17 singles and 18 music videos. She has sold over 20 million records in the US alone, and has over 10 billion streams on Spotify. She has also broken several records, such as being the first female rapper to have two songs in the top 10 of the Billboard Hot 100 simultaneously, and being the first artist to have two songs in the top five of the Billboard Global 200 chart. She has also won numerous awards and honors, such as one Grammy Award from 16 nominations, five Billboard Music Awards, five American Music Awards, and four MTV Video Music Awards. She was named one of the 100 most influential people in the world by Time magazine in 2021.
- What are Doja Cat’s controversies?
Doja Cat has also been involved in some controversies and scandals throughout her career. She has been accused of racism, homophobia, cultural appropriation, plagiarism and online trolling. Some of the most notable incidents are:
- In 2018, she released a song called “Mooo!”, which went viral as a meme. However, some people criticized her for using homophobic slurs and racist terms in the song and in her old tweets. She apologized for her offensive language, and said that she was young and ignorant at the time.
- In 2020, she was exposed for participating in online chat rooms with white supremacists and alt-right groups. She was also accused of mocking the Black Lives Matter movement and making anti-black comments. She denied being racist,